European tour Q school this week

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Sam Horsfield is an interesting one, he's English, but moved to the States, he was overlooked for the Walker Cup Team, which upset a few people who knew him, including Ian Poulter. He was playing College Golf in Florida, but gave it up to become a Pro, it will be interesting to see how he gets on, out on the Tour.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sam Horsfield is an interesting one, he's English, but moved to the States, he was overlooked for the Walker Cup Team, which upset a few people who knew him, including Ian Poulter. He was playing College Golf in Florida, but gave it up to become a Pro, it will be interesting to see how he gets on, out on the Tour.

Just been looking at his scorecard.

He's shot 5 sub 70 rounds and is 6 under after 10 holes today, that's some golf.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I thought he was only overlooked because he had already turned pro? Is that not right?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

He wasnt overlooked. he pulled out.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking good for Connor Syme as well, barring disaster.

It's also the pre-qualifier for the LET tour school this week. Early days as it's just the first round today but a pal of mine from the county team has had a great start. -3 through 12 holes and currently in the lead. Very exciting - hope she can keep it going.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
He wasnt overlooked. he pulled out.

Sorry, I wasn't talking about this year, I was talking about the 2013 Walker Cup - I'd totally forgotten he'd pulled out of the 2015 team, maybe the two are related?

I will make a note, not to post when I am on conference calls, no matter how boring they are!

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry, I wasn't talking about this year, I was talking about the 2013 Walker Cup - I'd totally forgotten he'd pulled out of the 2015 team, maybe the two are related?

I will make a note, not to post when I am on conference calls, no matter how boring they are!

He'd only have been about 16 then, wouldn't he? That would be very young for the Walker Cup team

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

haha easily done! i think you are right that in 2013 he was overlooked despite being ranked significantly higher than the rest of the team, however he hadn't shown any commitment to the GB&I set up so personally i dont have any issues with it.

2015, he was in the team and then pulled out (Apparently due to VISA concerns)

2017, he'd already signalled his intention to turn pro so was never included in the squad let along the team

its good news that he is going to play European tour, even if just as a stop gap (like Uihlein) until he can get a PGA tour card.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's a very impressive performance from Horsfield. Good luck to him next season.

Challenge tour for Robert MacIntyre - looked like he'd make top 25 going into today, but slipped a little. Still, a good performance.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking good for Connor Syme as well, barring disaster.

It's also the pre-qualifier for the LET tour school this week. Early days as it's just the first round today but a pal of mine from the county team has had a great start. -3 through 12 holes and currently in the lead. Very exciting - hope she can keep it going.

K

Who's your pal - so we can follow?