European Tour Q School Final Stage

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For those striving for a tour card for next year final stage of Q school starts tomorrow. Arguably the hardest tournament of many players careers, 6 rounds to make or break the following year.

The likes of Nick Dougherty, Paul Dunne, Ashley Chesters, Eduardo Molinari, Soren Hansen, Jimmy Mullen are all in the field chasing 25 Tour cards

Am hoping Mark Laskey is able to make it through, have had the fortune to play a few pro-ams with him at Brocket Hall, one of the hardest working pros Ive come across (as well as being a really nice guy).

Anyone else rooting for someone?

http://www.europeantour.com/europea...15995/teetimes/index.html#zfxovpmJpg75Tkrg.97

D

Deleted Member 1156

Wow....that could almost be the start sheet for a regular tour event! Shows how tough it is when you look at some of those names fighting for their card......Molinari and Soren Hansen stand out.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wow....that could almost be the start sheet for a regular tour event! Shows how tough it is when you look at some of those names fighting for their card......Molinari and Soren Hansen stand out.

when you think Paul Dunne won a play off just to make final qualifying its pretty scary thats for sure!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
And the winners of the cards don't get a particularly favourable ranking Category so don't get into many of the bigger events.
You're better off qualifying from the Challenge Tour these days.
Must be a supremely intense week.....

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
And the winners of the cards don't get a particularly favourable ranking Category so don't get into many of the bigger events.
You're better off qualifying from the Challenge Tour these days.
Must be a supremely intense week.....

You're right there, the challenge tour winners get a better category.

I'm following Jordan Smith, coached by the same guy as me, and also won me some cash backing him on the Europro 2 weeks ago

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Everyone from my club is obviously routing for Dougherty.

I'd like to see Bradley Neil, Ashley Chesters & Jimmy Mullen have a good crack at it as well. Not too sure about Paul Dunne though, mind-numbingly slow when I watched him at The Walker Cup.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think the likes of Dunne , Chesters and Mullen will get a few invites as well

D

Deleted member 15344

for sure they will, and deserve to based on their performance as amateurs esp the Walker Cup but those invites only last so long if you dont have a card

I think watching them play in the walker and then in the Dunhill they can get enough money in the invites to gain a card that way. Certainly tough times for them all though

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think watching them play in the walker and then in the Dunhill they can get enough money in the invites to gain a card that way. Certainly tough times for them all though

Assuming they progress theyll be fine but theres plenty of examples in the past of those who excelled in the amatuer game who didnt manage to translate that in the professional arena. Of the three Chesters looks the most likely star to me but would be surprised to see them all go on to decent professional careers

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like it could be a very tough few days.
Lots of good players there, I have watched a few at the challenge tour at our place like dantorp, huizing and I'd like to see ferrie do well, should be tense stuff

D

Deleted member 17920

I will be watching the scores with interest. I know a few lads playing in it. My mate didn't get passed the last stage. He has his challenge your card for next year tho.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Will also be rooting for local lad Mark Laskey.....like you say Steve, a really nice bloke that deserves to have a crack at the big time.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tom Murray for me. Ex junior captain at our place and a cracking lad to boot. His dad still helps the juniors at our place and his younger brother is also going to be a star as well.....
He shot a good 69 today..... Fingers crossed for him!

D

Deleted member 17920

The two lads I know shot +2 and +4 so both got work to do.

some shooting from the leader. 61 on day one of a 6 round shoot out isn't bad.