Q -School Final Stage

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Going back to OPs slight misconception, there does seem to be a big difference depending on which order players played the courses.

If I counted correctly, of the 78 who made the cut there's 58 who did courses in order Stadium, Tour, Tour, Stadium and only 20 who did them the other way. Whereas of those who missed the cut, far more of them did Tour, Stadium, Stadium, Tour.

Is there a significance? Were conditions harder on one course or other on some of the days?

Does seem that to have been some sort of 'pattern' there, though as I pointed out in my reply to the OP, supposedly no different to AM vs PM start for any 4 day tournament.

Gutted for Brownie missing by 1, though would have had a huge task to do in the last 2 rounds anyway.

ShankyBoy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wonder if the play the same flag locations each day or whether there was some favourable placements on the Tour course those days. The spread is quite extreme I'd say.

jasondransfieldgolf

Challenge Tour Pro
jasondransfieldgolf.wordpress.com
Wonder if the play the same flag locations each day or whether there was some favourable placements on the Tour course those days. The spread is quite extreme I'd say.

They will use the same pin positions day 1 and 2 for both courses and then change them ready for day 3 which will remain the same on day 4. This way all the players play the same conditions. Historically it has always paid to be in the top 70 after two rounds so that you play the Tour course on day 3, this tends to see the field move apart as the leaders play the easier course on day 3. Anyone that has made the cut will have a decent category on Challenge Tour for 2016 if they miss out on their Tour Card.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Feel for a lad from our club, Tom Murray (son of Andrew Murray former ET player and current bbc commentator). He was going along nicely just inside the cut mark when he had a 10 with a few holes to go. He had his first season on the European tour last year and did well with a couple of top 10's and a win on the Challenge tour. He'll bounce back though. Top bloke (as are his dad and brother) and cracking player.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Worth clicking on the link then switching the view to "hole by hole" to see how tight things are getting... squeaky bum time!!

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking at those who missed the cut by a shot, there was one lad who had a triple on the very last hole......gutted.

Svenska

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Some fairly big names that have comfortably missed out there, at a glance there's some surprises that were even in Q School. I thought they'd done enough last season to retain their card but obviously not. Doing well in small tournaments is not enough unless you win one, you need to be fairly consistent or turn up at the bigger tournaments and get some much needed money/points.

ShankyBoy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well done, Paul Dunne. T13. Beat many former Tour players to a card.

Did you see the show on Sky Sports the other night, first one on the Q school. Paul was so very very lucky to make it through to the final stage, the guy he was in a play off with missed so many puts and had something like a 2 foot put for a win, he must be enjoying a pint right now!

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you see the show on Sky Sports the other night, first one on the Q school. Paul was so very very lucky to make it through to the final stage, the guy he was in a play off with missed so many puts and had something like a 2 foot put for a win, he must be enjoying a pint right now!

The absolute despair on that guys face when he was sat down on his towel after - really felt for him.

As for the loon who was 29 over at 1st stage qualifying ............why?