Q-School Final

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
We're in the middle of the 6-round European Tour Q-School Final event from PGA Catalunya. Some fairly big names in the draw with the likes of Lee Slattery, Matthew Fitzpatrick, Rikard Karlberg, Simon Thornton, JB Hanson, Daan Huizing, Peter Whiteford and Simon Wakefield competing for the 25 ET cards for next season. Some of the big names are struggling, and looking like they're going to miss the cut.

John Hahn was struggling after carding a +7 2nd round, but boy has he fixed that today. He carded a magnificent 12 under par 58 to move from beneath the cut line and into contention. What an effort! Anyone else following the tournament?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
see Walters shot 62 in round 4 to make the cut by 1 it seems too, been a few shooting the lights out. Sadly the 58 wont "count" in terms of sub 60 rounds as was preferred lies but still some shooting!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tom Murray (son of former European Tour player and 5 live commentator Andy Murray) is in the mix. Tom and his brother Matt played their junior golf at Lymm and all still play regularly. Ive played with both Matt and Tom and they are cracking lads. I hope he keeps it going for the last 2 rounds !!!

Did anyone see that Hahn shot a 58 ????

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I normally follow one of our ex members who has done well there the last few years and have just dipped out, but he claimed the 15th and final tour card on the Challenge Tour

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does anyone know the significance of which course a player played? The leaderboard has players marked as playing either the Stadium course or the Tour course. Above the cut, there are 5 times as many players marked as being on the Stadium, than there were playing the Tour. And below the cut, it was reversed - about 4 times as many on the Tour than there were on the Stadium.

Now I guess they are alternating courses (?) but the statistical variation is remarkable. You would expect a much more balanced distribution after 4 rounds. Or has the course played, or the order they were played, really had that much effect? It appears that one or more rounds on the Tour course has really done over a good number of players. I wonder how?

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They must struggle to make ends meet..... Don't even some of the guys on the European tour struggle?
They must struggle to make ends meet..... Don't even some of the guys on the European tour struggle?

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
I've always wondered if They must struggle to make ends meet..... Don't even some of the guys on the European tour struggle?

:)

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
LOL I guess i'm talking sh!t!!!! Just heard a rumour that Graeme Storm was struggling for cash until he got his hole in one this year (probably BS) and got me thinking.... I know the guys at the top earn mega bucks but thought the journeyman type players may struggle when you factor in all their costs... so thought the lower tour type players would be even worse off.

I know club some club pro's and assistant pro's don't earn mega money.... so having to resort to that ain't paying the bills very well.