European Team Championships - Golf

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18588

Neither the Beeb or Ms Slater are to blame...

It's all down to murd the turd and his puppet georgie boy...

Rubbish!

Barbara Slater determines where the BBC's limited budget for sport is spent and she has previously made it clear that golf is very low on the list of priorities.

The Masters coverage has only been retained due to the generosity of Augusta National Golf Club.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
How was I “wrong” - the BBC said they would show live golf on Friday through to Sunday - and they are doing what they said they would do. They are showing Live golf as advertised. The BBC cannot give dedicated coverage to every sport going - they cannot spend millions on coverage where the viewing figures will be in the minority - whilst you are here complaining about the golf , someone else will be complaining that they are showing it instead of something else - how can they ever win , they are restricted by budgets , they have to attempt to cater for as many of their viewers going

For the last couple of days people have been complaining about no golf on the telly and they have to pay to watch a website etc etc - now there is Live golf on the telly without subscription and then you have people moaning again - it’s a whole different new format highlight both ladies and men’s , Sky didn’t seem to want it - you have Live golf today , tomorrow and Sunday - the other option is to watch it on your laptop and subscribe to ElevenSports or just switch off and watch something else

A telly company with 2 main channels and cater for everyone

What was I thinking...hitting-head-against-wall-hitting-head-against-a-wall-hitting-head-against-wall-cartoon.jpg

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Wahooo!!

Now everyone can watch lots of of lower level stars play golf. Good on ya BBC you're doing your bit for golf again! :rolleyes:

Did I just hear that Georgia Hall is playing for GB?

Must watch for me - just love the way that lass plays the game.

And the TV pictures of Gleneagles and the hills look fabulous #Lovescotlandthemostbeautifulcountry

Last edited:

hors limite

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Whenever the BBC and golf appear in the same sentence, my hackles rise.Golf is still the fifth most popular sport by participation after swimming, athletics,cycling and football and comfortably ahead of tennis. Contrast BBC golf coverage with the ridiculous overkill of Wimbledon. I know that some will start to talk about viewing figures but surely as the national broadcaster there is some sort of duty to promote sports in which people participate and to encourage that participation. Many of us will recall our inspiration to give golf a try when watching the likes of Sevy at the Open on the Beeb.
I despair at the junk that is now served up and wonder how it's calculated to inspire today's youngsters.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The golf is now on Red Button - but I can't find out how to watch it - I'm on-line in iPlayer - not on a TV. Do 'Red Button episodes' only appear online afterwards and you don't get live red button online - only on TV?

I am assuming we are at the moment Day 9 Part 2 - but all I get when going there is 'This episode will be available soon'

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Did I just hear that Georgia Hall is playing for GB?

Must watch for me - just love the way that lass plays the game.

And the TV pictures of Gleneagles and the hills look fabulous #Lovescotlandthemostbeautifulcountry

Fair play to her if she is. Does t change the fact that it’s a second class comp. hence the, shall we say limited coverage......