European Team Championships - Golf

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hmmm - not sure this point of view was accurate!

There a lot of Lady European Tour members playing including one of the best the World has seen over the past two decades plus one of current best English ladies - this is a great chance for Ladies golf to be in the spotlight with them playing in a new event.

Guess too “non league” for you - don’t be surprised if a damn sight more people watch it than you think- hopefully a lot of fresh new eyes and not just the ones only interested in the “names”

Golf looking to get more people interested-

Golf trying new formats including mixed events

Golf being shown on terrestrial telly so anyone can watch it

Nothing but positive unless you are someone who has been spoilt in recent years and don’t give a stuff about the people that don’t have Sky

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's a joke. So much for sharing and growing the sport on non subscription channels!

I'm guessing the OP is feeling very let down by his favourite broadcaster...

D

Deleted member 15344

That's a joke. So much for sharing and growing the sport on non subscription channels!

I'm guessing the OP is feeling very let down by his favourite broadcaster...

Not sure about this “favourite broadcaster” business because I don’t really rank media outlets in terms of favourites- that all seems a bit sad

I prefer the BBC because for the money I pay in license fee I get superb value both in entertainment, factual and sports events

And yes it is very disappointing to not see the golf on this afternoon as I was looking forward to it and have asked why on Twitter

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched this whilst eating my lunch, I have to say the coverage was dire, the commentary was dreadful and I very much doubt it would encourage anyone into the game, I think I will have a nap instead :mmm:

Yeah its not the best, watching at my desk. Seems just a bit scrambled all over the place, not much flow and they like to keep showing the tables to fill in the gaps. Would also be better if they could say how was on the teams, a lot of times they just way G&B 2 which makes no sense to who is playing.

D

Deleted member 18588

Why is anyone surprised?

It has been clear for some time that golf is not a sport rated highly by Ms Slater and her team at BBC Sport.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why is anyone surprised?

It has been clear for some time that golf is not a sport rated highly by Ms Slater and her team at BBC Sport.

Well apart from what they are showing now love of course plus the Masters Live as well

So after all the complaining and pointing towards the BBC they are indeed showing Live golf in HD on a telly without the need to a subscription or credit card details , or a smart phone or a chromecast box - no bells whistles gadgets just golf

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well apart from what they are showing now love of course plus the Masters Live as well

So after all the complaining and pointing towards the BBC they are indeed showing Live golf in HD on a telly without the need to a subscription or credit card details , or a smart phone or a chromecast box - no bells whistles gadgets just golf

Why miss the first couple of days entirely though? Seriously Phil sometimes just accept you were wrong...the BBC have not given golf decent coverage and prefer to show hours and hours of every other sport at these championships. Back behind the red button now.

D

Deleted member 1147

Who's commentating?

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The complaining was because it was not being broadcast and there was no information as to when it was going to be shown. That's a fair complaint I would say.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why miss the first couple of days entirely though? Seriously Phil sometimes just accept you were wrong...the BBC have not given golf decent coverage and prefer to show hours and hours of every other sport at these championships. Back behind the red button now.

How was I “wrong” - the BBC said they would show live golf on Friday through to Sunday - and they are doing what they said they would do. They are showing Live golf as advertised. The BBC cannot give dedicated coverage to every sport going - they cannot spend millions on coverage where the viewing figures will be in the minority - whilst you are here complaining about the golf , someone else will be complaining that they are showing it instead of something else - how can they ever win , they are restricted by budgets , they have to attempt to cater for as many of their viewers going

For the last couple of days people have been complaining about no golf on the telly and they have to pay to watch a website etc etc - now there is Live golf on the telly without subscription and then you have people moaning again - it’s a whole different new format highlight both ladies and men’s , Sky didn’t seem to want it - you have Live golf today , tomorrow and Sunday - the other option is to watch it on your laptop and subscribe to ElevenSports or just switch off and watch something else

A telly company with 2 main channels and cater for everyone

Last edited by a moderator: