European Super League

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Amazon now trying to distance themselves from the ESL by saying that they were not invovled in any of the discussions and haven't been approached to broadcast any.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, I couldn’t just pick a team, so I can’t really care about it. WERDER Bremen is never going to play it, and just picking Bayern or Dortmund would be wrong. I guess it is similar for Villa fans, or Ajax, or Roma, ... They wouldn’t suddenly walk into a sports direct and buy a Spurs shirt.

But those 30m new fans in Asia would.

Let’s take them out. Even without City someone will win the premiership this year. And next year. ... And a CL final will be played as well, Roma vs. Copenhagen or something like that will still be a final. Maybe have a champions league for champions? That would be controversial ;-)
It sounds like you have my comment backwards, I meant as a Spurs fan but wanting no part of Super League - but still a lover of football, the sport - I would have to start following someone else. (Tongue in cheek of course, it wouldn't be the same.)

RichA

Visit site
Nice to see you are up to date on recent events. That was 1958.
I was trying to make the point that mobile sports franchises aren't exactly new.
Give it a few years and the English 6 will probably base themselves wherever is most convenient / profitable.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I was trying to make the point that mobile sports franchises aren't exactly new.
Give it a few years and the English 6 will probably base themselves wherever is most convenient / profitable.
There are plenty of new build arenas in Qatar, aren’t there? ;-)

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
It sounds like you have my comment backwards, I meant as a Spurs fan but wanting no part of Super League - but still a lover of football, the sport - I would have to start following someone else. (Tongue in cheek of course, it wouldn't be the same.)
Yes, got it wrong. But in the end it’s the same, can’t just pick a new team after so many years.