European Open

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Can't say I have ever taken my bad golf out on anyone else, ever.

Thats not what I asked.

The fact it was during golf is an irrelevance. Human nature some times sees us get frustrated and vent that frustration at an innocent party.

He’s simply been human. And all he’s done is offer a unenthusiastic hand shake.

Imo the players snap and throwing clubs are worse.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Oh dear - Bryson DeShambles it seemed over the last 4 holes. And OK - gutted he may well have been having made such a mess - but not very classy behaviour when McEvoy holed his birdie on 18 - maybe also he just didn't expect to get beaten by one of GBs journeymen -

But what a decision McEvoy had to make - lay up or go for it...he called it right - but...

A journeyman no longer...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Good that Bryson has apologised - shows that he was in the wrong.
I think his biggest problem, at least over here, is that first impressions last.
Many will not have heard much about him but all they are hearing in the media is what happened on the final green.
Not made many friends I'm afraid..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thats not what I asked.

The fact it was during golf is an irrelevance. Human nature some times sees us get frustrated and vent that frustration at an innocent party.

He’s simply been human. And all he’s done is offer a unenthusiastic hand shake.

Imo the players snap and throwing clubs are worse.
Tell me about it. People acting like he's disrespected golf as a whole by not giving the guy a lingering embrace and staying for a 5 minute chinwag.

Sergio Garcia breaks and throws clubs regularly and he doesn't seem to suffer from a bad reputation, on this forum at least - unless I missed it. Is giving a briefer handshake than normal really that bad in the grand scheme of things?

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Manners cost nothing, really shows the character of a man how he acts under distress

Lets not take this away for Mcevoy, great victory beating many world class players in the field.

Forever now he is a European Tour winner, many people built a great life after golf from just winning 1, so excellent for him.