Euro Golf Trip - Jan 2023

MikeF86

Visit site
I know its not the best time but I assume Portugal would be our best bet for half decent weather? Any recommendation for booking agents or areas to look at within a decent proximity of airport?

Cheers

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
We played at El Rompido in Spain. Flew into Faro and then an hours drive. Weather was fantastic when we went in Jan. Both courses were absolutely lovely to play.

Also another local course near El Rompido is La Monacilla.

We booked through Golf Escapes and was nice and easy.

mister v

Visit site
I'd have a look at tenerife as well, loads of good accomodation in january, good nightlife......... oh yes and golf as well

Newnsy

Visit site
We go to Portugal for a Pro AM in Jan weather is fine only rained for about 5 mins in total in the 3 times we have been, shorts and t-shirt during the day but get a bit colder at night.
We go to vilamoura its about 30mins from the airport and play a mixture of the Quinta Courses, Victoria and Old course, last year we went to Monte Rai but it is not worth the trip biggest disappoint of a course ever.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have found that Turkey is cheaper than the Algarve around that time of year. Weather and courses are all better too, as is the set-up of hotels adjoining courses, so no travel costs, and full board.

Tenerife is pretty good, but if staying in hotels you have to factor in cost of taxis or car hire to get to courses. We also found that a lot of restaurants are closed through the winter.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
We go to Portugal for a Pro AM in Jan weather is fine only rained for about 5 mins in total in the 3 times we have been, shorts and t-shirt during the day but get a bit colder at night.
We go to vilamoura its about 30mins from the airport and play a mixture of the Quinta Courses, Victoria and Old course, last year we went to Monte Rai but it is not worth the trip biggest disappoint of a course ever.

You must have caught Monte Rei at a bad time. I’ve played it a couple of dozen times and always found it impeccable in every way - fully justifies the status of #1 course in Portugal.

Newnsy

Visit site
You must have caught Monte Rei at a bad time. I’ve played it a couple of dozen times and always found it impeccable in every way - fully justifies the status of #1 course in Portugal.
Maybe I was really looking forward to it aswell !!!!
But it was so bad I can’t see how it could be as good as everyone told me. It was the worst course we played by some distance

Philly1967

Visit site
For some excellent winter sun and championship courses, Cyprus is always a good option. The weather perfect golfing weather, showers are minimal, and if it does rain, it's usually for a short refreshing time.

For detailed information on courses, green fees, and conditions check out:

https://golfcyprus.com

Hope this helps!