Entering club competitions

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For Saturday comps entry opens 8 days before. You enter a 30 minute block and a draw is made. Course turned over to medal play only until about 3pm.

We have some optional Thursday medals April - October and you book a time and arrange your own group. 2s and 3s only.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The senior section play 6 home and away games consisting of teams up 16 each side home and away basis so how does your club accommodate these requirements re reserving time as our Trust are making noises that there should be no preference given to anyone or any section ,even though we are generating meals on each home match and drinks?
How does your club accommodate societies bookings?

We took the decision in May, along with most clubs in our area, to cancel all club matches and all societies that were pre-booked were given the opportunity to cancel with a full refund.

Our next committee meeting is not until the end of the month so the decision re societies may be reviewed then.

With the current government restrictions on how many and whom may sit at the same table indoors we may remain as we are for a while yet and we still have 10 minute tee intervals and the booking sheet is full most days so accommodating societies is not as easy as when we were 7 and 8 minutes.

rapper

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As I said it's council-run public course. At the moment they are giving the impression that they're not bothered if there even is a member's club playing there or not, let alone giving priorities on times etc. It's literally just first come first served booking through GolfNow, and they are filling the times and making their money so they don't care.

rapper

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thats just how i see things ours is a municipal and thsts the worry that they are not bothered if there is a club there...so what are the options?

rapper

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For Saturday comps entry opens 8 days before. You enter a 30 minute block and a draw is made. Course turned over to medal play only until about 3pm.

We have some optional Thursday medals April - October and you book a time and arrange your own group. 2s and 3s only.
Is your club a municiple course?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have our first qualifier on the 25 and to encourage as many to enter as possible the sheet is going up two weeks in advance so I assume live at 7.00am tomorrow. Book into a time zone and then it'll be drawn per zone after that. My only concern, even playing as 4 balls will be there will be limited spaces available for the drawn part of the comp and it'll leave some unable to get a time and forced to roll up after the drawn times. If their regular PP's are in the main draw I wonder how easily they'll get a game