Englands Green And Pleasant Land

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was expecting to scroll down and see Gateshead in there but it isn’t.
My my, those places on the list must be real dumps ?
Not only that but Middlesbrough is only at 44 ?.

Maybe they looked at the 'Head and couldn't believe that anyone would actually live there Saw it as a ghost town perhaps ??

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
This country is really going down the pan if Mansfield has not made the top 50. It’s that crap even the pigeons have left.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Liverpool: Situated on the border of Northern England and Wales, it draws the very worst characteristics of both regions, i.e Welsh pig-headedness and Northern self righteousness, a truly toxic stew of humanity.

?
As much as that made me laugh. Liverpool was a massively prosperous City. What has happened. The few times I have been I have been very impressed. Put it this way I have been to far worse places.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As much as that made me laugh. Liverpool was a massively prosperous City. What has happened. The few times I have been I have been very impressed. Put it this way I have been to far worse places.
It's a fluff piece, designed to annoy those who live there and create clicks. I wouldn't be taking it too seriously.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stoke should a lot closer to the top of any list! Spent 3 years there at Uni in the early to mid 90s and have been back several times - last summer stayed there when playing at JCB. Hanley town centre I now one of the most depressing places ever - way worse than 30 years ago and it was shiiite then. Compare to say Bracknell that was a dump and is now imeasurably better. Even so, will still go back and have a night in Stoke every couple of years for nostalgia!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’d maybe take this list seriously if Hartlepool got a mention. It’s the armpit of the universe.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never thought that Peterborough ddeserved it's spot at number 1 last year. It is incredibly bland and non-desrcipt (except for the Cathedral) but there are far worse places. Slough would be right up there for me and from being a place that I used to love, Shefffield is rapidly heading in the wrong direction.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
If this is done on Facebook then you can imagine a lot of in-town rivalry influencing the votes (e.g. people from Manchester voting for Liverpool), I'd take these kind of things with very large pinches of salt.
My home town of Widnes would, historically, have been quite high up in the list. Now it doesn't even make the Top 50.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Aylesbury is an OK place, it’s certainly nowhere near as bad as portrayed, Every town has its bits that need polishing

How Slough, can be considered “better” is astonishing ??