England U18 Championship

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Being played at my club this week - inaugural mixed gender single winner event.

Some absolutely superb golf from the youngsters yesterday and today, topped off by my club’s very own Lottie Woad eagling the last to finish the day at 8 under and in the lead. Field cut from 132 to 40 for two rounds tomorrow. I’ll be there walking round and watching.

https://www.englandgolf.org/english-under-18-championship-day-two-eagle-finish-gives-woad-the-lead/

It’s live through England Golf on YouTube, their website or the Facebook pages of both EG and Farnham GC, plus packages from the first two days.

Really worth watching these youngsters play the game. Boy are the good.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just popped the live feed on, and they interviewed a "farnham member" wandering round watching, bottle of beer in hand pre 11am.

Now was that SILH I pondered......... ;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just popped the live feed on, and they interviewed a "farnham member" wandering round watching, bottle of beer in hand pre 11am.

Now was that SILH I pondered......... ;)
Not me. Anyway.

Excellent winner in a young lad Jensen Forrester from Walsall - an absolute wizard around the green with his 60deg wedge and on the green with his putting. He finished -11 for three rounds plus 10 holes (reduced 4th round due to risk of storm late afternoon). Our lass Lottie Woad closed with an eagle to finish -8; top girl and overall 2nd.

Format seemed to work well and all the girls I spoke with spoke positively about competing with and against the boys - and likewise for the boys. In the end I think 3 of the top 10 were girls and that seems a fair quota given the boys were all hcap of +1 or better whilst the girls were 2 or better. 1st and 3rd were lads; 2nd and 4th girls (the girl in 4th being a real terrier at 15yrs - Maggie Whitehead from Close House)

Last edited: