England Golf App

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
England Golf (My England Golf) App now available in the App Store on ios, no idea if available for android.
No, I don't think so. Unless they've hidden it well. Oh wait, there is one called 'MyEG (Early Access)' made by 'New Zealand Golf Network' hence why I was confused...

NearHull

Visit site
Really quick way to see what you are going to be playing off at away courses. The Playing Handicap calculation for differing formats would be a subtle enhancement.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Really quick way to see what you are going to be playing off at away courses. The Playing Handicap calculation for differing formats would be a subtle enhancement.
I'd go a bit further, I think if they aren't going to enhance then it needs to make clearer which handicap they are showing.
I've tried to pass that feedback onto them.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
England Golf (My England Golf) App now available in the App Store on ios, no idea if available for android.
Thanks for that, yes it is available for Android (y)

I like the fact that you can search for other clubs and see in advance what shots you will get from each tee.

Last edited:

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
It would be good if you could register for rounds/enter scores etc. in the app too, hopefully that'll come at a later date.

D

Deleted member 16999

Thanks for that, yes it is available for Android (y)

I like the fact that you can search for other clubs and see in advance what shots you will get from each tee.
Not sure if the search for another player at another Club will go down well with all, ideal for the stalkers.:ROFLMAO:

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site

Might available but if you can't log on to your account its useless as are England Golf, had an account before WHS that I could access after WHS will not accept my details, checked with my club and they looked at and every is right email address DoB and says I am registered so try again the web site tells me to register, then tells me my number is registered, re-set password, tried this nothing works for me anyway.

emailed them three times asking for help nothing but an std email say they are busy!

The web site tells me to register, then tells me number registered, change password, nothing works for me anyway

Busy doing what FFS, we are their customers!! There is no golf on at the moment so no scores to updated, I can only conclude that they are a shambles, or they have to do maintain the website.

yandabrown

Visit site
Not sure if the search for another player at another Club will go down well with all, ideal for the stalkers.:ROFLMAO:
It's not just a feature of the App, you can use it on the My England Golf website under the Friends tab. Not sure that it said anything about other people accessing my data in the GDPR Prvacy notice.

D

Deleted member 16999

It's not just a feature of the App, you can use it on the My England Golf website under the Friends tab. Not sure that it said anything about other people accessing my data in the GDPR Prvacy notice.
All it shows is your name and handicap, not sure why anyone would object to that?

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don’t you have to accept a friend request before your data is visible? I would have thought that is consent.

yandabrown

Visit site
All it shows is your name and handicap, not sure why anyone would object to that?
I don't object to it, the point about GDPR is that people are supposed to actively give consent rather than have it assumed (hence all those pop-ups that started the Randon Irritations thread - where would we be without that :)). Having gone to the lengths of putting in a privacy statement, it ought to be correct.

D

Deleted member 16999

I don't object to it, the point about GDPR is that people are supposed to actively give consent rather than have it assumed (hence all those pop-ups that started the Randon Irritations thread - where would we be without that :)). Having gone to the lengths of putting in a privacy statement, it ought to be correct.
Just not sure Name and Handicap only would come under GDPR.
No different to Clubs publishing results on websites.