England Golf App

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The App wasn't letting me search as my DOB was 1/1/1900. To update it I'd have to scroll month by month ?
So popped back onto the website to update. Now can search on both.
On HDID you could always look up handicaps for players in other clubs - useful for inter club comps etc.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't object to it, the point about GDPR is that people are supposed to actively give consent rather than have it assumed (hence all those pop-ups that started the Randon Irritations thread - where would we be without that :)). Having gone to the lengths of putting in a privacy statement, it ought to be correct.

Is it not already on your club notice board for all to see.....?!

sunshine

Visit site
I don't object to it, the point about GDPR is that people are supposed to actively give consent rather than have it assumed (hence all those pop-ups that started the Randon Irritations thread - where would we be without that :)). Having gone to the lengths of putting in a privacy statement, it ought to be correct.

I'm not a GDPR expert, but the regulations were primarily brought in to prevent facebook, google et al from unnecessarily harvesting all your data. An organisation is allowed to use necessary data. So I would have thought that a handicap database is allowed to share your handicap, but is not allowed to share your date of birth or shoe size.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm not a GDPR expert, but the regulations were primarily brought in to prevent facebook, google et al from unnecessarily harvesting all your data. An organisation is allowed to use necessary data. So I would have thought that a handicap database is allowed to share your handicap, but is not allowed to share your date of birth or shoe size.
And of course the OP protesting does simply have the option to ignore the app and not it. I think it'll be something useful to dip in and out of, especially playing matches away and easily seeing the slope ratings etc

D

Deleted member 16999

And of course the OP protesting does simply have the option to ignore the app and not it. I think it'll be something useful to dip in and out of, especially playing matches away and easily seeing the slope ratings etc
Were have I protested?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks LT. Nothing will download.

More importantly,Aldi now has 7 different varieties of mince pies.
I had one of their All Butter, Specially Selected, 6 Classic Mince Pies today, black box. Seriously nice, best so far this year.

I need to get in there myself for a pack of the almond ones you recommended ?

Sorry I couldn't help regarding the app.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
They did some sloe gin mince pies last year, thankfully nobody else in the house liked them, they were immense.

Sloe gin. My absolute number one winter tipple at the half way house. Stick some in a mince pie and I might not make it as far as the 10th tee. I’d end up fat, drunk and very, very contented.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
England Golf app

Could someone who has got the app see if Yeovil has got Old Course White (or Yellow) Alternate is on there.

Thanks

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I find an unique issue with the EG app yesterday .. not sure if this has happened to anyone else .. but just one to be aware of

Turned up yesterday to the club to tee off 10:02 4 of us as normal

the tee before bowled up to the tee.. 5 of them... late .. the marshall went oh one of them is the old marshall he is going to play with them to chip and putt only.. like it was suppose to wash as a reason they had teed off 10 mins late (in our slot) and that it was fine for us to have to move back (no tee times and a society due to 10:30

so we said is the 10th free? it was so we went off there

now we all started a round on EG, but i was only one that pressed starting hole 10th

so first 9 holes not a problem.. we all entered each others scores and it was good

on the 10th (the 1st) all our apps were saying my score was wrong .. check it etc etc

turns out the app isnt as clever as it should be.. it had used my 10th score as the 1st as it was my first hole so it didnt tie with the other cards.. I went back into settings and pressed start off 1st

did that fix it? nope all it did was move all my scores over so then they were for the wrong holes..

only way to fix it was quickly delete all the scores so far on just my phone and put them back in

so moral of story check your starting hole or make sure you select the same if playing off anything but the 1st