End of Hermes

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know Hermes has been done a few times but it’s the end of me using Hermes.
I use them regularly but last week they delivered a flat box to a costumer with no club inside.
Today a message from a guy who’s club was 6 days late,a Scotty putter,in another flat box the shaft was snapped.
What force would that have taken,unbelievable.

AAC

Visit site
At least they received something !! the last club I posted out was on January 9th, apparently its still in the 'Hermesosphere', my buyer has been refunded and I am struggling to get any response at all from the wraggly bottom bunch of miscreants who hide behind virtual assistants and various unmanned e mail addresses. I think I have better odds on the lottery than getting a refund from Herpes.

CJL

Visit site
At least they received something !! the last club I posted out was on January 9th, apparently its still in the 'Hermesosphere', my buyer has been refunded and I am struggling to get any response at all from the wraggly bottom bunch of miscreants who hide behind virtual assistants and various unmanned e mail addresses. I think I have better odds on the lottery than getting a refund from Herpes.

Have you tried calling them?
0330 808 5456

One of my parcels went missing but they managed to find it at my local depot. So very lucky

I always print off a couple of parcel labels in the shop and write on both addresse. Hopefully have no issues in the future

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've also given up on them. Sent several things last year for my business, none of which arrived. Even paid extra for the insurance and have been struggling to get that back since xmas. Was receiving two items this year which were delayed for over 3 weeks too. Had previously sent things that I'd sold through ebay and these had also been lost.

Borderline impossible to get through to anybody who is ever able to help (although note that CJL had success above!) and their online robot thing is quite literally the worst system I've ever dealt with.

The issue with the receiving items (from the states) was Hermes had the incorrect postcode on one of the boxes, so it wouldn't register that I was trying to get hold of 'that' box. When I put the incorrect postcode into their system, it told me that was correct, but it couldn't share the tracking / info as that wasn't 'my postcode'. Sender in the US couldn't do anything as they'd sent with a different courier who use Hermes in the UK ... Couldn't speak to anybody to sort it as I wasn't the seller.

Issue on the refund for the insurance was that I needed to prove how much I'd paid for the item at wholesale individually. Because I'd bought the stock from the US in bulk (obviously), I don't have an individual item receipt for the 1 item they lost - it just says "50 x golf training aids". They wouldn't accept that because it wasn't for the individual item, and also couldn't get their head around the idea that I'd obviously paid shipping, customs and tax to bring them into the country in the first place. Nor the selling cost from my website etc which I don't get reimbursed. So they weren't able to reimburse anything - despite the insurance.

Anyway, long story short, I got nothing back, and so I'm counting every opportunity I get like this to make up for the £50 or so they could have just paid me when they lost that item :ROFLMAO:

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Funny this should come up. I've recently had two parcels with Hermes go missing en-route after no problems for a long time. Eventually found and delivered after delays - but it definitely seems like they are struggling at the moment

AAC

Visit site
Have you tried calling them?
0330 808 5456

One of my parcels went missing but they managed to find it at my local depot. So very lucky

I always print off a couple of parcel labels in the shop and write on both addresse. Hopefully have no issues in the future

I have tried calling that number, I gave up waiting !! (which is I expect what they want)

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They bent the shaft on a club that I bought on eBay. I never use them for posting clubs I sell on eBay and I never buy from anyone on eBay who says in the advert that they use Hermes (unless I REALLY want the item).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having watched various videos from hidden cameras on several delivery companies depots in a Watchdog type program I always pack assuming the package will be chucked in to the depot and might land against a wall before being picked up and chucked over the rack on the floor before being put on the transport rack with god knows what lumped on top of it.

I saw one video where one of the depot staff (not hermes) deliberately jumped up and down on a couple of packages.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Having watched various videos from hidden cameras on several delivery companies depots in a Watchdog type program I always pack assuming the package will be chucked in to the depot and might land against a wall before being picked up and chucked over the rack on the floor before being put on the transport rack with god knows what lumped on top of it.

I saw one video where one of the depot staff (not hermes) deliberately jumped up and down on a couple of packages.

This is true no one gives a f&&k. Low paid and over worked workers. None of which care. But that's the world we live in now.

I was getting a delivery today from dpd (new sim2 driver hehe) and at like 11.30 the driver had another 65 calls before he came to me. Came around 4pm guy was telling me working 12-14 hours a day..

No joke for 8 odd quid a hour.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is true no one gives a f&&k. Low paid and over worked workers. None of which care. But that's the world we live in now.

I was getting a delivery today from dpd (new sim2 driver hehe) and at like 11.30 the driver had another 65 calls before he came to me. Came around 4pm guy was telling me working 12-14 hours a day..

No joke for 8 odd quid a hour.

£8 an hour @ dpd
Doubt it

I've got couple mates, deliver for dpd
Bought into franchise, get paid by the parcel
Yes, long hours, but making decent money

Nothing like the set up at hermes

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I find it amazing people still use a company like Hermes with all the bad press. I have always used parcel force for sending clubs and the biggest problem I ever was that I paid for express48 and it took 5 days.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
My mrs has used Hermes for her eBay business for years, 99.9% of the time without problem. I guess she must be lucky as they are a really good group of couriers who she can contact directly if she has a problem or needs something picking up. However she has been told that the rates the couriers are getting paid per package are dropping as they are earning too much! You can imagine what that's going to do for 'customer service'

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find it amazing people still use a company like Hermes with all the bad press. I have always used parcel force for sending clubs and the biggest problem I ever was that I paid for express48 and it took 5 days.
I use parcelforce 48 for all my expensive clubs and they are great.
However a £25 club sent for £6 with Hermes over £12.12 with PF is a big difference,buyers don’t want to spend £12 postage on a £25 club

AAC

Visit site
Hermes update!

I thought I would check the tracking one last time before calling them (again!!), lo and behold they have excelled themselves, 50 days after posting they have delivered it (not certain as yet if its gone to the correct address).

WELL DONE HERMES YOUR SERVICE SPEAKS FOR ITSELF