Electric trolleys

RichA

Visit site
GoKart Mk2 auto here. Very good. 18-hole battery does 2 rounds on my hilly home course which is 6600 yards to play and a 6.5 mile walk.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If going with a GoKart, I’d look at the condition of the paths around your course. Two guys at ours have both had the inner part of the wrong wheel collapse and it’s a part not covered by warranty.

RichA

Visit site
If going with a GoKart, I’d look at the condition of the paths around your course. Two guys at ours have both had the inner part of the wrong wheel collapse and it’s a part not covered by warranty.
I've had the front wheel bearings go after 3 years of use on challenging terrain. It was still fully functional - just slightly wobbly. They and the inner part are a £16 wear and tear kit from GoKart. Took 10 minutes to change.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've had the front wheel bearings go after 3 years of use on challenging terrain. It was still fully functional - just slightly wobbly. They and the inner part are a £16 wear and tear kit from GoKart. Took 10 minutes to change.

He’s about as diy as a dead fish, if I suggest it then it will become a me problem. At the moment it’s an him problem.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Must be a hell of a rocky course. Ours is hilly and the main path is full of holes, and I don't treat it gently. I had the inner bearings replaced in the first couple of years FOC as they had an improved design. I haven't had to change them since. Saying that, I get it serviced every 2-4 years and they are probably replaced at that time.
That's another good thing about the service. For the fixed price they will replace anything that looks worn, including main chassis components. My GoKart be a bit like triggers broom. I am not sure how much of the original trolley is still there, but it is, in it's heart the same trolley I bought all those years ago.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Must be a hell of a rocky course. Ours is hilly and the main path is full of holes, and I don't treat it gently. I had the inner bearings replaced in the first couple of years FOC as they had an improved design. I haven't had to change them since. Saying that, I get it serviced every 2-4 years and they are probably replaced at that time.
That's another good thing about the service. For the fixed price they will replace anything that looks worn, including main chassis components. My GoKart be a bit like triggers broom. I am not sure how much of the original trolley is still there, but it is, in it's heart the same trolley I bought all those years ago.

100% I would go with the service, especially as I believe he may have purchased used. I’m aware it’s on its second battery already.

Springveldt

Visit site
I called the pro shop and my local course. Pro said he can do me a deal on a motocaddy s1 36 hole lithium battery. £450. Had a look online and they seem to be quite a bit more expensive so I should take that deal fast ?
I wouldn't have put the phone down without buying it at that price.

HPIMG

Visit site
Picked up my trolley on Tuesday turns out it was the se 36 hole and not the s1 but still get a decent deal on it.
I used it on Wed/Thursday brilliant trolley didn’t realise how much carrying a bag fatigues you, felt as if I could play another 18 holes.
I was out again today and 3/4 times when I would press the button to start the trolley it wouldn’t do anything then after a few presses it would kick in. I’m going to try it again next week but was wondering if anyone had experienced a faulty button on the motocaddys ?

Springveldt

Visit site
Picked up my trolley on Tuesday turns out it was the se 36 hole and not the s1 but still get a decent deal on it.
I used it on Wed/Thursday brilliant trolley didn’t realise how much carrying a bag fatigues you, felt as if I could play another 18 holes.
I was out again today and 3/4 times when I would press the button to start the trolley it wouldn’t do anything then after a few presses it would kick in. I’m going to try it again next week but was wondering if anyone had experienced a faulty button on the motocaddys ?
Common problem. Think it's about £20 for a new kit and takes about 20 minutes to change (on my M1 since there are a shed load of screws to unscrew).

Mine is actually starting to go, think it's had 1 too many whacks with the grip end of a wedge.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I am thinking about getting an electric trolly, I have always carried but last few weeks backs been getting tight and thinking electric trolly will probably help.
What is the go to brand I’m just wanting an electric trolly I don’t need a built in range finder or anything else and do you need to charge them after every round ?
Motocaddy and powakaddy are hard to beat. Sounds like you need a base model with an extended battery. I always buy and extended battery anyway for longevity.

If money is no object, go Stewart golf follow. I love mine