Electric trolley

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I borrowed a push trolley when mine was in for repair. Not sure of the brand, Clickgear?? but a three wheeler. Apparently came with a brolley holder. Found it a faff compared to an electric one, especially remembering to put the brake on. Not overly hard to push but definitely felt it more than an electric one doing all the work. I could see a push being OK in the summer on dry fairways but imagine it would be a hard push in wet and muddy conditions

stevenk

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for the comments, just deciding between the Motocaddy M3 gps or the M1 with additional sky caddie sx400 any thoughts? With separates if one goes wrong you only have the one piece to replace against the neatness of just one piece of kit.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the comments, just deciding between the Motocaddy M3 gps or the M1 with additional sky caddie sx400 any thoughts? With separates if one goes wrong you only have the one piece to replace against the neatness of just one piece of kit.
I prefer seperates, simply because if one side packs up it doesnt render the whole thing useless or a waste of money.

Fabia999

Visit site
Never tried GoKart so I can't have an opinion on those, but I have experience with both PowaKaddy and Motocaddy. imo, Motocaddy build quality is better and is definitely the one i'd recommend, espeically if you're over 6 foot because the handles on a Powakaddy are low down you'd have to bend to keep hold.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
How forgetful are you? If you're always uber-organised, then separates are fine. If you're disorganised or forgetful, you may find you've left the GPS on charge in the house when you're on the first tee! ?

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
GoKart manual, 18 hole lithium battery (£400), was my choice last September. It's been really good. I recommend the bag for it -- extra £27 well spent.
Bought mine around the same time, didn't get the bag but a brolly holder is essential.

And yes as others have said, the more basic the better, the rest are just price pushing.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Bought mine around the same time, didn't get the bag but a brolly holder is essential.

And yes as others have said, the more basic the better, the rest are just price pushing.
***I should add, by more basic, I don't include a lithium battery in that, unless you absolutely can't afford it, buy lithium every time. Lasts longer, changes quicker, lighter, can take a boost charge if needs be without causing harm.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Hi thinking about replacing my ancient push trolley with an electric one, is it worth it or just a gimmick.
If its worth it then anything i should look at E.G gps etc or just a basic trolley. Does a electrictrolley make it any easier . Any thoughts please

You're asking if it's easier to have your clubs moved around the course by an electric trolley versus you having to push the clubs round ???

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I prefer seperates, simply because if one side packs up it doesnt render the whole thing useless or a waste of money.
I agree with this. My GoKart is nice and simple, so less to go wrong (not that anything has), and I have a separate GPS watch. Handy for when I'm carrying, or playing abroad or, in fact, anywhere where I don't have the trolley.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not overly hard to push but definitely felt it more than an electric one doing all the work. I could see a push being OK in the summer on dry fairways but imagine it would be a hard push in wet and muddy conditions

100% agree on this. I used a cube trolley last year, great on firm fairways but come October it was back to carrying.

AAC

Visit site
IMO a basic electric trolley does everything necessary on course, I have had my Motocaddy S1 for 15 years now, I got it out of storage at the weekend gave it a good clean, charged up the (now) lithium battery and away it went. Its had 5 months off as I carry during the winter but in all that time its never let me down. My pairs partner was a Motocaddy service agent and he has always advocated going for the basic model as there is a lot less to go wrong.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I got an M1 a couple of years ago now, moving from a push trolley. Really like it and it does help. The price is the worst bit but I had some pro shop vouchers to soften the blow. Mine doesn’t have gps etc and I don’t think I’d use it anyway. I just use a separate range finder. Some have phone chargers and all that, seems a bit ott to me

stevenk

Hacker
Visit site
Hi All thanks for all the various thoughts, finally went for the Motocaddy M1 and the sky caddie sx400, first round tomorrow. Hope I have read the instructions properly.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I notice all the seniors at my course who push are thinner and fitter than those with electric. Just saying
And I've noticed that the younger overweight golfers using buggies are often precisely the one that need to walk ...

Just saying ;)