EGU Gold Medal

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Anyone see the programme on Setanta about the EGU Gold Medal competition played at Woodhall Spa or better still did anyone play in it.

I have to say I had a vested interest as the eventual winner Edward Brown is a member of my club Royal Ascot. He is only 16 and played of 19 handicap and won with 73 points for his 2 rounds.

I must admit I also took pleasure in seeing Edward on TV as I played with him just before he went up there. He was not in great form and was really worried. Having played in something similar I was able to tell him to just relax, forget about the cameras and the other competitors and just go with the flow.

Anyway I'd be interested to hear your thoughts

Happy golfing

Homer

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done to him and good for your club.

Am I missing something though? did he play off 19? and effectively make a par and a one-under par round.

Great that he coped with filming......and what a joy to see real golf getting some coverage.

Dave

Par345

Visit site
Well done to him and good for your club.

Am I missing something though? did he play off 19? and effectively make a par and a one-under par round.

Great that he coped with filming......and what a joy to see real golf getting some coverage.

Dave
I played in the final one year, managed to qualify at an event by posting a reasonably good score, but not a winning score, I could go the person above me couldnt. Was amazing really, a totally free weekend of golf on the Hotchkin including accomodation and meals as I remember.I didnt play very well, it was a highly competitive weekend, with parents as caddies etc was all a bit over the top and some serious banditry going on ! We all, those old enough, were given a case of beer to take home Fullers London Pride.