EG App Issues

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Quick question

Used the App today to put a score in

Sent to a friend to verify

He has the notification but when he clicks on the notification it goes to another card that he previously approved ?!

My card isn’t coming up at all

No idea what to do ?‍♂️

wjemather

Visit site
The app was updated earlier in the week. Probably worth checking that you both have the latest version. Then send a reminder from your app and they should get a new notification message.

If all else fails, do it the old fashioned way - send scores to handicap sec.

D

Deleted member 15344

The app was updated earlier in the week. Probably worth checking that you both have the latest version. Then send a reminder from your app and they should get a new notification message.

If all else fails, do it the old fashioned way - send scores to handicap sec.

The version on android is the issue it seems

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've recently signed up to igolf and I still can't quite understand the MyEG app and what scores count towards handicap.

I've only submitted 2 scores so far so no handicap but both are showing as non counting for hcp purposes.

Round one I played alone and entered the scores after the round and asked me friend to attest to the score remotely. I didn't think that would count.

Second round, I created the scorecard before the round and added us both as we played together. Signed and attested the scores at the end of the round whilst at the course but it also shows as not counting for hcp purposes.

I'm hoping then when the 3rd card goes in that it will be obvious what counted and what didn't.

On android it also doesn't let me submit a score if I'm not nearby the course, nor does it let someone attest to the score if they aren't by the club.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Don't know whether this proves anything or not - but I often verify a PP's score after i get home. Home is 4 miles from the course. (Is the geolocation restriction as accurate as that?)
We often do that, verify a score after playing together but miles apart after leaving the club. I have also done the remote verification as I regularly play with mate who can't or won't download the EG app. I get a mate who knows us both but wasn't playing with us to validate the score after verifying it with my PP.
I played with a guy on Saturday and asked him to validate my score, whilst he agreed he hasn't done it, and I'm wondering if he is another one without the app, I didn't ask I just assumed. Furthermore, I just keep on regularly assuming that everyone is using it as it seems such a no-brainer, I'm going to have to check in future, and it looks as if I'll have to put an actual card in for Saturday.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Round one I played alone and entered the scores after the round and asked me friend to attest to the score remotely. I didn't think that would count.
You shouldn't be entering solo rounds, nor should your friend be verifying them. Send your handicap sec an email asking him to delete that round from your record.

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You shouldn't be entering solo rounds, nor should your friend be verifying them. Send your handicap sec an email asking him to delete that round from your record.

I don't have a handicap sec as I signed up via igolf, with no affiliation to any club, as I'm not a member anywhere.

I think I was naive in my understanding of the scheme, as I also thought it was a way for solo golfers to keep an official handicap and submit honestly scored cards. I suppose in hindsight that would potentially lead to all types of handicap abuse.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I don't have a handicap sec as I signed up via igolf, with no affiliation to any club, as I'm not a member anywhere.

I think I was naive in my understanding of the scheme, as I also thought it was a way for solo golfers to keep an official handicap and submit honestly scored cards. I suppose in hindsight that would potentially lead to all types of handicap abuse.
Ah OK, then you need to email the English Golf administrator to delete it, they are your handicap recorder.

Re: your second point, you'll find that is why most clubs & golfers are totally against the scheme.

D

Deleted member 1740

He has to be - can’t ask someone to verify the score if they weren’t there

Is this correct?

I played in a society meet and stuck a card in, nobody in the society is a EG member so i sent a copy of the card to one of my mates to verify.

Is the above against the rules?

For clarity it was one of my better rounds and will be used as a counter card.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Is this correct?

I played in a society meet and stuck a card in, nobody in the society is a EG member so i sent a copy of the card to one of my mates to verify.

Is the above against the rules?

For clarity it was one of my better rounds and will be used as a counter card.
How can someone who wasn't there verify your card? Yes it's against the rules.

Without knowing the details of the EG scheme, don't know if it has to be someone with a handicap or not, but 100% they must be playing with you.

wjemather

Visit site
Ah OK, then you need to email the English Golf administrator to delete it, they are your handicap recorder.

Re: your second point, you'll find that is why most clubs & golfers are totally against the scheme.
Clubs are against it because they believe it will harm their revenue by reducing the overall number of club members - any other considerations (and handicap abuse isn't one of them) are trivial in comparison - and most golfers are totally unconcerned by it.

Also, this idea that members of an independent handicap scheme would deliberately abuse/manipulate the handicap system any more than club members is an arrogant fallacy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

How can someone who wasn't there verify your card? Yes it's against the rules.

Without knowing the details of the EG scheme, don't know if it has to be someone with a handicap or not, but 100% they must be playing with you.

Because i sent a copy of my card and I inputted the scores on EG.

I assumed it was allowed as it was done with honesty and integrity. It was also agreed by the society organiser.

I won't do it again now I know it's againt the rules.

I can see how some would/could abuse the system.