EG App Issues

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Verifying a score you did not witness and therefore cannot possibly genuinely verify also ruins the integrity of the game.

But it doesn't.

How many cards get marked with a leather wedge or an incorrect count? I could mark all my own cards and it would make 0% difference to my handicap, cheating is for losers.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
But it doesn't.

How many cards get marked with a leather wedge or an incorrect count? I could mark all my own cards and it would make 0% difference to my handicap, cheating is for losers.

It does as it is against the rules, and deliberately ignoring the rules ruins the integrity of the game.

Feel free to disagree if you wish.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
My club has a rule that phones can only be used on the course for an emergency. Integrity ruined by ignoring it?
Don't be ridiculous. That's a club rule, it's not affecting your score.

Whereas if someone marks a score incorrectly, that's a mistake, but the intent to stick to the rules was there, you're making a ridiculous argument for the sake of arguing.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Why would you not submit a score, having pre-registered your round?

I played a pre-registered round recently - torrential rain on the 13th led to flooded greens and unplayable conditions, comp abandoned. When I cancelled the round in the MyEG app it asked for a reason.

wjemather

Visit site
I played a pre-registered round recently - torrential rain on the 13th led to flooded greens and unplayable conditions, comp abandoned. When I cancelled the round in the MyEG app it asked for a reason.
Assuming you played the first 12 holes, you should not have cancelled the round since only 10 or more holes are required by the rules of handicapping. Instead, you should have recorded the holes that were missed out as not started (they would then be counted as net pars for handicapping; or net par +1 for the first hole not played if fewer than 14 have been started) and submitted your score.

Last edited:

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well I can't be accused of artificially inflating my handicap. Played today and shot the worst round I can ever remember of 114 and its given me a WHS handicap of 7.3.

wjemather

Visit site
I think it’s 14
Assuming the reason for abandoning a round is valid, 10 holes or more played makes the score acceptable for handicapping, and:
  • Net par +1 is added for the first hole not played, and net pars for the remainder.
  • If 14 or more holes played and net pars are added for all holes not started.
(earlier post amended)

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How on earth does a 7 handicapper shoot that?

Where do I start?

- 3 holes I found the oob between 2 fairways that I didn't realise were there, as I hadn't played the course for 10 years and didn't take a physical scorecard as was using the app.

- Couldn't read the greens at all and 3+ putted nearly every hole

- Generally terrible iron play

- Probably didn't factor in how draining it would be carrying clubs in 29c heat. Lost concentration after 9 holes.

At least the WHS is doing what it's supposed to and weighting my handicap on the best scoring round I've played.

Andrew Greenway

Visit site
Just played 18 holes but MyEG would only allow us to create a 9 hole card. Started play at about 1230 so plenty of time. Why is this?

Last edited:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Who do I talk to? Quite new to the app.

The first port of call is to check with your club to see if they have placed any restrictions on the number of holes that can be played....they may have decided that only the front nine holes are in a suitable layout (in terms of tee placement, bunkers in play etc etc...obviously I dont know this is the case...it is speculation) to allow a qualifying score to be submitted.