Edgbaston GC ?

Jack991

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has played here / member here ? as i am moving to uni next week and this is where i will be playing :)

any reviews most welcome !

Laughing Gravy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has played here / member here ? as i am moving to uni next week and this is where i will be playing :)

any reviews most welcome !

Yep played it about 5 years back. Beauty of a course and you'll not believe you're so close the centre of Brum whilst on the course.

MizunoGreyhound

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Fantastic course and LG is right that you cannot believe you are less than 5 minutes from city centre. They did have a problem with their greens a couple of years back, but a change of grounds crew rectified that issue, although not overnight. There are some truly gorgeous holes to look out for too.

Jack991

Assistant Pro
Visit site
all sounds pretty positive :) hoping to get on the uni team with a bit of luck so get discounted membership fees and it is a 100m walk from my flat :)

sweatysock41

Q-School Graduate
www.oakridgegolfclub.co.uk
Edgbaston is one of the best courses in Birmingham - an absolute delight. If that is where you will be playing you'll thoroughly enjoy your golfing times in Brum. That said there are a lot of very good courses around the city, and don't write off the municipals either if you fancy a change, Lickey Hills and Pype Hayes are both decent enough.

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
all sounds pretty positive :) hoping to get on the uni team with a bit of luck so get discounted membership fees and it is a 100m walk from my flat :)

As a student I lived in the Maple Bank flats right next to the course. Unfortunately, I hadn't discovered the joys of golf then so I didn't appreciate it. An excellent course apparently, but not cheap.

Jack991

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It would appear that i too am in maple bank halls :) yeah well if i get onto the team then it is dirt cheap for a years membership so that is the plan !

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm a student living in Brum aswell. I commute to Coventry University, but definantly some great courses in the area to play. Being under the age of 24 I think, the local municipal courses will let you play a full 18 holes for £5 depending on the time of day. Lickey Hills is a gem of a course, and will is straight down the Bristol Road towards Longbridge, believe me, you will learn all about the Bristol Road when you get to Brum! All you have to do is hand over some ID and they will give you a membership card for all the local muni courses!

http://www.mytimeactive.co.uk/golf/birmingham.aspx

There's the link, and enjoy Brum!

Scadge

Head Pro
Visit site
Edgbaston is a fine golf club - you could also always jump on a local train Moor Street to Wood End (about 1/2 an hour) and come and play at Ladbrook Park - happy to sign you in.