Eddie Pepperell DQ’d

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Just checked the leaderboard for the Turkish Airlines open, and apparently Eddie Pepperell was disqualified.
I can’t find anywhere that reports the reason...anyone know?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's always been a trial trying to find out why dq's happen.
The ET could be a little better on communicating on this front...

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just checked the leaderboard for the Turkish Airlines open, and apparently Eddie Pepperell was disqualified.
I can’t find anywhere that reports the reason...anyone know?

I've seen both running out of golf balls and not completing a hole. Don't know if either/both is true.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've seen both running out of golf balls and not completing a hole. Don't know if either/both is true.

If he run out of golf balls (as reported) he would not have been able to complete the hole unless he could have got one off the other players , provided it was the same make and type .

Apparently it was a 'Tin Cup' episode.

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Oh neck... pitted his previous hole with a wedge, then hit “4 or 5” into the water, in quick succession.

Hope he’s ok.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Do they carry a limited amount of balls?
I mean, if I would pay someone to carry my bag then I would put a few boxes in it and not just 2 sleeves of balls. And it’s not like these guys lose balls in the rough that often as they have spotters all around the course.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Oh neck... pitted his previous hole with a wedge, then hit “4 or 5” into the water, in quick succession.

Hope he’s ok.

This! Also not like Eddie to not discuss afterwards so let’s just hope it was one of those tough days and nothing more serious going on for him behind the scenes.

That or he’s a massive fan of Tin Cup and was determined to pull of the shot.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Hope he’s ok.
Very much agree with the last sentiment. We all like a chuckle with Eddie but the comments from Martin Kaymer, his pp, suggest all was not right from the off. Hopefully it was nothing of note.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Just read the story on the BBC web page and Kaymer's comments seem to me like he might have done it on purpose? That is what I get from between the lines.

Also, I thought Kaymer lost his card? At least eh PGA one. Is he still playing European tour on some exemption?