Ed Sheeran

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I saw Thin Lizzy at the Ipswich Regent many years back and then went for a couple of pints in The Milestone pub next door, where a local band The Shaboogamoo Shufflers were playing.

No contest....the Shufflers were awesome!!!

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Saw Metallica years ago at the Milton Keynes bowl and they were awesome.

Fingers crossed Guns n Roses are as good as I remember them being
when I see them in a few weeks at the spuds stadium

My son is going to see Guns and Roses there as well, we were at the Spurs v Arsenal game (brilliant day ?).

We done the sky walk and guide told us they asked U2s sound engineers for advice how to keep the sound in the stadium.

The noise inside the stadium was incredible
and I would imagine Guns and Roses will be loud.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not sure which one to choose, Uriah Heep and Budgie when I was 16 was a eye opener, Lou Reed, and Santana (twice)at Hammersmith, Van Morrison, Steve Earle at Bishopstock blues festival Devon, George Thorogood Glasgow, Bowie at Camden, Stones in Rotterdam and Edingburgh, and a big surprise was George Melly at the Tramshed , Joe Bonnamassa at the Borderline, and a real standout was Ian Brown in Shetland. Also saw Aussie Floyd and they were very good.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Like Fragger my 1st gig was what set me on the road to seeing 100's of gigs

ABC cinema Croydon 1967 ( if I remember correctly)

Traffic - no 1 that day "hole in my shoe"
Flower Pot Men - "San Francisco" top 5
Mind benders
Keith West "Grocer Jack" top 10

It's hard to pick out the best as I've seen so many different gigs from heavy metal to pop but Clapton, Bonamassa, Elton, Rod, Queen (not with Freddie) Fleetwood Mac. Gary Moore, are some that come to mind as great on the day, and seen in their prime.

I’m sorry I missed the early line up of Fleetwood Mac, and yes seeing them in their prime was best, Rod was very disappointing couple of years ago it’s a shame really as he just seemed a parody of himself, his early stuff with Faces was so good I loved the sound of his voice then.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Saw Jeff Beck in Glasgow and thought that was going to be a highlight but never walked away from a gig so disappointed.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Frank Zappa at Wembley in 1988

But I could give an honourable mention to Genesis at De Montfort Hall - but in 1973 (twice, on two different tours)

The Genesis Live album used recordings from that 1973 gig at Leicester and some recordings at Manchester.
In 1977 they did two shows in one night and another on the following night. They recorded the lot, but in the end used recordings from the Paris show for the Live album Seconds Out.
I had a ticket for the first show but managed to sneak in for the second show as well. Seeing the same show twice in one night is what makes it so very memorable.

I saw Uriah Heep twice sometime between 1974 and 1977 - different lead singer for each - Dave Byron then another bloke whose name escapes me - could look it up I suppose.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The Genesis Live album used recordings from that 1973 gig at Leicester and some recordings at Manchester.
In 1977 they did two shows in one night and another on the following night. They recorded the lot, but in the end used recordings from the Paris show for the Live album Seconds Out.
I had a ticket for the first show but managed to sneak in for the second show as well. Seeing the same show twice in one night is what makes it so very memorable.

I saw Uriah Heep twice sometime between 1974 and 1977 - different lead singer for each - Dave Byron then another bloke whose name escapes me - could look it up I suppose.

I saw Uriah Heep several times and nobody was better than David Byron who sadly died, also saw Genesis about 1970 and they were awful! Just a lot of noise. Curved Air were another band I saw a few times and really liked back in the 70's

Carlwm

Visit site
Fave concert would either be Lindisfarne and Gene Clark, in Swansea, 1985, REO Speedwagon at the Hammersmith Odeon, the same year, or Stephen Stills, in Manchester, 2008. All magnificent shows.

As far as Ed Sheeran goes, he's not my favourite musician but I should imagine he puts on a good show. He's not for me but I don't begrudge him his success.