Ed Sheeran

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just seen him in concert at the home of the champions. God he is good.
What’s yer fave concert.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Mrs D and I, with our family are seeing him soon so pleased he was good. We saw Queen for the 3rd time last Sunday, boy were they fantastic!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Saw Metallica years ago at the Milton Keynes bowl and they were awesome.

Fingers crossed Guns n Roses are as good as I remember them being
when I see them in a few weeks at the spuds stadium

D

Deleted member 25172

Hmm. Hard to pick out a single concert really, but one that came to mind directly is Foo Fighters at Red Rocks outside Denver when I did my exchange semester going to Uni. 2008 I think it must’ve been. Absolutely fantastic venue.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A few stand outs for me.
The Stranglers at the Glasgow Apollo.
Mike Oldfield in 1982.
Kraftwerk a few years ago
Roger Waters a few years ago.
Last 2 were spectacular

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Like Fragger my 1st gig was what set me on the road to seeing 100's of gigs

ABC cinema Croydon 1967 ( if I remember correctly)

Traffic - no 1 that day "hole in my shoe"
Flower Pot Men - "San Francisco" top 5
Mind benders
Keith West "Grocer Jack" top 10

It's hard to pick out the best as I've seen so many different gigs from heavy metal to pop but Clapton, Bonamassa, Elton, Rod, Queen (not with Freddie) Fleetwood Mac. Gary Moore, are some that come to mind as great on the day, and seen in their prime.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Mrs D and I, with our family are seeing him soon so pleased he was good. We saw Queen for the 3rd time last Sunday, boy were they fantastic!
It was the strangest audience I have seen at a concert. Kids from about 7 year old to folk in there 70’s and loads of drunken women. he really was good.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really can't understand the fuss about Ed Sheeran. He's not the best singer in the world, not particularly great at guitar, but some people seem to treat him like he's the best of the best. I don't get it.

Impossible to pinpoint my best ever gig. It might be the first time I saw Cardiacs, at the Astoria, which would have been in the mid 2000s.. maybe 2006 or 2007. That was just an incredible experience. Or when I finally got to see Mclusky in 2015 at the Garage when they did a set of their songs as a one-off (at that time) at the Garage.

Honourable mentions for:
Pearl Jam 2018 - just an unbelievably talented band.
Tool this year - been listening to them since I was like 15, and finally saw them for the first time this year.
The Hives at YNOT festival 2016 - not specifically their gig since it was a festival, but one of the most entertaining and polished live acts I've ever seen. Would love to see them again. Pelle is definitely one of the best frontmen in the world.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My eldest is currently at Download and not at all jealous that she’s seeing Iron Maiden, Megadeath and Myles Kennedy

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Who Live in Leeds - Uni Refec 1970 ....... only to be equaled by Christy Moore pre-Planxty @ The Adelphi Leeds 1971