Ecco shoe.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've seriously never has a pair of Ecco shoes that are comfortable and that includes non golf ones. I'm currently wearing a pair of Ecco for golf but they are nowhere near as comfortable as Footjoy or Adidas too me.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Absolutely love my Ecco streets, just so comfy. With this warm weather we have been having they have been the only thing I have been wearing and still as comfy today as when I bought them a couple of years ago. Only issue is the colour. My grey ones are looking a bit shabby (even after regular cleaning). I think the newer ones have a different leather finish that make them easier to keep clean. Lovely shoes.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
only real downside at the moment with Ecco is the availability of replacement laces for some of the models, both my white/Blue BioM G2 need new laces. They need a specific Biom lace which is quite long.. can't get them for love nor money. when i got them they sold laces every color of the rainbow, but not anymore

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
only real downside at the moment with Ecco is the availability of replacement laces for some of the models, both my white/Blue BioM G2 need new laces. They need a specific Biom lace which is quite long.. can't get them for love nor money. when i got them they sold laces every color of the rainbow, but not anymore

Specific laces? You having a laugh 😂

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I don't know about replacements but they are great laces - agree a stretchiness to them which is so cool to tie. The only lace on a golf shoe I never need to double know - they have never come loose. Don't buy cheap laces

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Bit of advice if people seeing as so many on here wear Ecco, and I'm looking to buy new shoes too.

What's the practicle difference between the Biom and Biom hybrid, I understand the hybrid are spikeless, but is there any other difference. Are the standard Bioms still as comfy.

There is a very good deal on the Cage Evos. Which I quite like the look of actually. But they are water repellent with the Ecco Hydromax, 12 month waterproof guarantee. Has anyone used shows with Hydromax, is it any good. I'd imagine Gortex is still the industry standard but the price goes up if they have Gortex of Hrydomax

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rowley
I have Gore-Tex hybrids and they are excellent, my feet are always dry and they are like slippers, I tried the non gore biom and although resistant, my feet came off the course wet when it was raining, wet conditions.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Rowley
I have Gore-Tex hybrids and they are excellent, my feet are always dry and they are like slippers, I tried the non gore biom and although resistant, my feet came off the course wet when it was raining, wet conditions.

Brilliant, thanks. So worth paying the b it extra and getting the premium shoe then?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Brilliant, thanks. So worth paying the b it extra and getting the premium shoe then?

well worth it, the gortex is about as good as it gets.

I also have a couple of pairs on the Bio M G2 with spikes and the soft sole, both as comfy a shoe ive ever had. some bargains to be had in the older models, which i think look better than the new style.

D

Deleted member 15717

I have emailed their support before, and they have sent me replacements out. Not sure if you have tried that though...

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
well worth it, the gortex is about as good as it gets.

I also have a couple of pairs on the Bio M G2 with spikes and the soft sole, both as comfy a shoe ive ever had. some bargains to be had in the older models, which i think look better than the new style.

Thanks, I like the look of the G2s too, thought I was onto a right bargain on the Ecco outlet store at under £100 until I realised they made a Gortex and Hydromax models and those ones were the Hydromax, doh.

Think I will plump for the Bioms 3 as they are all Gortex and I won't confuse myself and get the wrong ones, some decent deals out on them too, just got to workout whether the extra £20 is worth it for the Boa laces which I did want originally

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have emailed their support before, and they have sent me replacements out. Not sure if you have tried that though...

i have they just sent me a link for some white ones on a website for sale. The shoes are blue so white laces will look a bit odd TBH.

A bit disappointed in them TBH expected more

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks, I like the look of the G2s too, thought I was onto a right bargain on the Ecco outlet store at under £100 until I realised they made a Gortex and Hydromax models and those ones were the Hydromax, doh.

Think I will plump for the Bioms 3 as they are all Gortex and I won't confuse myself and get the wrong ones, some decent deals out on them too, just got to workout whether the extra £20 is worth it for the Boa laces which I did want originally

Amazon had to good deals, they are worth a look.

Though i got all mine from Inverness Golf Club Shop, never paid more than £80 for a pair and that includes the Gortex ones

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Would have loved to have seen Santa in his outfit in this weather when he delivered them:)

My first pair of Dryjoys years ago were an absolute treat. Comfy from the first outing. The new generation Dryjoys don't seem the same.