ebay/paypal final insult....

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK, so I'm close to closing my paypal account and never buying anything ever again on ebay.

Today was the day some money was supposed to be paid from my account to another ebay user. I "paid" for this item immediately some 10 days ago, and paypal have been doing their thing (whatever that is).

Except, for some reason, paypal cancelled the payment, sent me 3 emails and the seller never got a penny. Paypal claim there was an issue at my banks end....I phoned my bank and they said paypal had not attempted to take any money either 10 days ago or today. Paypal have now "removed" my bank details from my account with them.....

I thought I'd phone and find out, but the helpline is £4.95 per minute. I've sent them an email.....but what hope???

Surely, if there was a problem with my account, paypal could/should have contacted me to say that there was going to be an issue. So, no goods (poor bloke in Ireland has not actually sold me anything now) no account and seemingly, no attempt to ever take the money.

Anyone had this business......?? :D

Molly

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I did have a problem with my debit card details when the old card expired and paypal would not let me change to the new card - all details were the same except for the expiry dates. Took me nearly 2 weeks to sort it. Bl00dy nightmare...but since then, no problems at all.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had a problem with a payment and paypal dealt with it very swiftly , offering me advice and tips to check and ensure the payment went through.....ok , it was actually my fault as i'd entered my e-mail address wrong on the e-bay selling screen :eek: but they were still very swift - less than 24hrs - in getting back to me.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been doing a lot of eBaying lately and did have a wee PayPal problem on 1 occasion, Dave, when the seller had listed their own email address wrongly!! Niether of us noticed for a week.

Sorted out after e-mailing PayPal. Trying to get through by phone is next to impossible. It's usually worth the hassle for the protection, though, so I'm generally happy with them nowadays.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Touch wood, I've never had a problem with either eBay or Paypal. Only grumble was when someone took about 10 days to pay for something. They won the item, then emailed to ask if I'd mind waiting until he got paid at the end of the month before he paid for the goods. I didn't mind because I'm a nice guy ! He could have emailed me first though.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Never had a problem with Paypal. Got sold a fake Cally FT-3 a few years back and complained to Paypal. They took all the details and about a week later I was told to return the club and I would get a full refund. Worked fine.
Had a couple of non-payers on E-bay but I've just relisted the item and got more for it 2nd time around.

Ian_Bristol

Head Pro
Visit site
Same as poster before other than new card issued so different number so couldn't pay for item I re entered details and everything was fine but they won't let you know.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whoa.....no shortage of replies, thanks :)

My feeling is that I could've probably solved the issue in 5-10 minutes on the 'phone to a helpful person.

But the cost.....I found an article on ebay.....some poor person was charged £42 for 33 minutes....

I await the response from the seller.

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dave - Try 020 8605 3000

Ive had a couple of issues with Paypal in the last 6mths, but found their Customer Services ok to deal with, its just their processes that I disagree with.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dave - Try 020 8605 3000

Thanks SO MUCH for this number. I did phone, and *almost* got to the bottom of it. I think it is fine now - they say that now I have reinstated my account, the vendor should be paid immediately (not another 7-9 working days thing :D) so I've emailed him and am hopeful...

Having said this....it is the worst automated system I have ever come across. It does voice recognition and I just shouted "agent" down the phone until the system gave up and put me on to an agent!! :cool: