east sussex national

thomasmark71

Visit site
has anyone been here recently?
golfbreaks doing offer
website says strict dress code even in restaurant..no denim..
do they ask for handicap certificate? 3 of our party are not members of a club. but do play golf
Thanks

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I don't believe they ask for certificates, no. They didn't when I played a couple of years ago.

I can't see any reference of dress code on the website, and I didn't wear jeans when I went there, so can't help with that.

Golfbreaks will know the answer to all your questions.

thomasmark71

Visit site
I don't believe they ask for certificates, no. They didn't when I played a couple of years ago.

I can't see any reference of dress code on the website, and I didn't wear jeans when I went there, so can't help with that.

Golfbreaks will know the answer to all your questions.
on golfbreaks website
Don't go anytime soon, its literally a swamp[/QUOTE
Don't go anytime soon, its literally a swamp

there is reference..it says strictly no denim in restaurant and bar

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
it states
no jeans are permitted in the clubhouse or restaurant

So either take their advice from the website or phone and ask directly?

From several visits I have seen smart denim worn with shoes with no objections from staff, the last visit was march 19 and was booked via golf breaks.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is a restaurant in the attached Hotel that is certainly casual - i've seen may a large group eat there without having their leg attire being checked. The clubhouse dining room may be different, but i'm sure your money would be more welcome than a pair of slacks over denim.

thomasmark71

Visit site
So either take their advice from the website or phone and ask directly?

From several visits I have seen smart denim worn with shoes with no objections from staff, the last visit was march 19 and was booked via golf breaks.
i did ring…guy in reception said it be fine..they dont enforce rules…but i was told by someone who went there in june they couldnt wear jeans….just trying to clarify….why put it on website because it outs people off..

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ask the guy you spoke to if he could put it in an email to cover yourself. In all fairness the hotel is nice, is throwing a pair of smart casual trousers on that big a deal, you could end up feeling more awkward if everyone else is dressed smart casual and you’re the only one in jeans

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I went to ESN September past. Jeans were fine (I wore a dressy shirt too); dressy trainers were fine too.

No need for handicap certificate either. Found the place very relaxed to be fair.