Duckhook off the tee!!

ritchieis

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi All,

Would be great if someone could comment on my current problem.

I am hitting a stinker of a hook off the tee on probably 30% of drives. I think I am smuthering the ball through impact. Is this because my arms/ hands are moving too quicking to impact and ahead of my body? I think my hands are rotating too soon and before/during impact.

On the few times i have managed to maintain a straight clubface through impact I have hit some nice drives.

Are there any drills which can help me ingrain this feeling?

And do you think my beginner's diagnosis is right?

Cheers, Nick

S

Snelly

I would guess that you are "hitting from the top". This means your hands are getting active at the start of your downswing.

As a possible solution, try to start your downswing by turning your shoulders. A good swing thought to help with this is to mirror the final move of your backswing (the last turn of your shoulders) in reverse as you start your downswing.

If this sounds confusing then sorry! It is the drill I use if I get hooky on my shots....

bigbiffa

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i had this problem during the winter m8.heres what was causing it for me.
1. not extending arms enough on takeaway.
2.pulling club inside on takeaway
3. lack of hip turn on downswing.

as my pro showed me on the video, all this was causing me to " get on top" of the ball at impact.
so, took me a while, but no longer hook it, however, im now visiting the other side of the course!!
some ideas for you m8, hope they help!