Wedge help

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m hitting the ball better than ever, bombing drives but missing the green from 130 yards, 100 yards and even 80 yards. A mate (Moogie) noticed the ball was too far towards in my stance with most irons and wedges which does make a lot of sense.
Anyone recommend some drills to dial in my wedges and maybe something to help with ball position?
Like I said, I’m striking the ball pretty well but distance and direction are way off.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I’m hitting the ball better than ever, bombing drives but missing the green from 130 yards, 100 yards and even 80 yards. A mate (Moogie) noticed the ball was too far towards in my stance with most irons and wedges which does make a lot of sense.
Anyone recommend some drills to dial in my wedges and maybe something to help with ball position?
Like I said, I’m striking the ball pretty well but distance and direction are way off.

I am no expert - but I’ll chip in (see what I did there) 😂

Is there no Top Tracer range near you to practise this sort of thing? We have flags everywhere as target points etc and I just rotate between them all trying to “dial in” shots from the 130 mark in (down to the closest at 40 yards)

Because of this - when on course and 100 and in, I’m full of confidence in what shot I’m hitting and with what club.

Sorry - drill wise I can’t suggest much!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am no expert - but I’ll chip in (see what I did there) 😂

Is there no Top Tracer range near you to practise this sort of thing? We have flags everywhere as target points etc and I just rotate between them all trying to “dial in” shots from the 130 mark in (down to the closest at 40 yards)

Because of this - when on course and 100 and in, I’m full of confidence in what shot I’m hitting and with what club.

Sorry - drill wise I can’t suggest much!

Close House is only 15 minutes away and has Top Tracer, to be honest I only really go there for a laugh and play Pebble Beach 🤣
My home course has a driving range but the targets aren’t very well marked 🤔

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Close House is only 15 minutes away and has Top Tracer, to be honest I only really go there for a laugh and play Pebble Beach 🤣
My home course has a driving range but the targets aren’t very well marked 🤔

I’d utilise the TT for all of its worth. I too love a game of virtual golf but if you’re struggling somewhere in your game the facility is there for you to practise it to a very good standard.

Of course greens etc may land different to the shots you play on the range but just getting distances and flight paths sorted is more than achievable if you spare the time!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I’d utilise the TT for all of its worth. I too love a game of virtual golf but if you’re struggling somewhere in your game the facility is there for you to practise it to a very good standard.

Of course greens etc may land different to the shots you play on the range but just getting distances and flight paths sorted is more than achievable if you spare the time!

In addition to this - Maybe try just taking your wedges with you to stop yourself doing something else?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ball position on a practice ground or range is easy.

Use 3 clubs or alignment sticks, one for the ball direction, one for feet direction (I.E just off your toes) (these should be parallel) and then the third placed at right angles towards you to show ball position relative to your left foot.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ball position on a practice ground or range is easy.

Use 3 clubs or alignment sticks, one for the ball direction, one for feet direction (I.E just off your toes) (these should be parallel) and then the third placed at right angles towards you to show ball position relative to your left foot.

Much appreciated, I have a couple of alignment sticks somewhere I can use 👍