Drying your washing!

How do you dry clothes in the summer?

• Total voters

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I can see in all the neighbouring gardens people using this great weather to put their washing on the line, but I'm still using the tumble drier :eek:

I've tried line drying and it doesn't matter what powder/liquid you use with any amount of softer, your clothes go hard on the line!

So, do you line dry in the good weather or still use the tumble drier even though it's pushing 30 degrees every day?

Or do you have some magic method you want to share :mmm:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can see in all the neighbouring gardens people using this great weather to put their washing on the line, but I'm still using the tumble drier :eek:

I've tried line drying and it doesn't matter what powder/liquid you use with any amount of softer, your clothes go hard on the line!

So, do you line dry in the good weather or still use the tumble drier even though it's pushing 30 degrees every day?

Or do you have some magic method you want to share :mmm:

Your washing is going hard but your becoming a right softy.:rolleyes:
By the way what panty liner you using at the moment there's so many to choose from:D

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just asked the boss ,she says dry washing on the line then give it ten minutes in the dryer ,that will soften it again .
cheaper than a full cycle in the dryer.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I do use the tumble dryer most of the time, because I don't have a garden or balcony to put the washing up outside. When the weather is good enough to leave the window open (rooftop windows, so I can't have them open when it rains), I use a drying rack which I set up in the bathroom, because a) it saves energy and b) the tumble dryer produces a lot of heat, and my flat already feels like a sauna in summer anyway.

And, yes, the stuff does get a bit harder than it does in a tumble dryer. Ironing helps with that, especially when you use a steam iron or moisten the clothes before you iron them (actually, one of the major perks of the tumble dryer is that you don't have to iron most of your stuff afterwards, just fold it away). I don't use any fabric softener ever.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
According to Galvin Green, putting it in the oven is an option as well. 👍

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Washing line when ever the weather allows it.
I don't like using the dryer,and using radiators to dry clothes is a pet hate of mine.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Everything gets tumbled. Only things that need ironing after are my work shirts and the odd dress or top of the kids/wife. 90 minutes and it's done, why mess about?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Everything gets tumbled. Only things that need ironing after are my work shirts and the odd dress or top of the kids/wife. 90 minutes and it's done, why mess about?

none of my fav polos go in the dryer,it's just asking for trouble.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just asked the boss ,she says dry washing on the line then give it ten minutes in the dryer ,that will soften it again .
cheaper than a full cycle in the dryer.

This for the wife's stuff and towels.

I don't care so line dry it all. Saves 50p a go which is the average cost of a drier cycle IIRC.

Good manuals often tell you a comparison between cycles cost wise, both my washer drier and dishwasher have these and it helps you choose the best cycle.

Rumpokid

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Other.
Ronco Dri-o-matic..Bought in 1973.Never let us down.Works like one of those old tombola barrels.Put washing in, wind away, centrifugal force takes care of the rest.A great piece of kit, just like the buttoneer we got as a free gift with it.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dry outside on line every time. Wife uses a steam iron and clothes smell fresh and soft!

When it rains we put washing in the conservatory and put the de-humidifier on - it has a "Dry washing" button. It's the best bit of kit we ever bought, not only for drying washing but we don't suffer any condensation at all.

De-humidifier bought in Screwfix - £90
:thup: