Driving issue

power fade

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Working on trying to stay behind the ball at impact and hit up on ball as I was getting ahead of ball and pretty steep.

Driving is improving though my bad shot is now bottoming out before the ball?

My ball position is off my left heel so I don't think its that.

what is the likely cause of this?

I currently have half the ball showing above driver at address, would it help to use even higher tee?

scottbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
B
Working on trying to stay behind the ball at impact and hit up on ball as I was getting ahead of ball and pretty steep.

Driving is improving though my bad shot is now bottoming out before the ball?

My ball position is off my left heel so I don't think its that.

what is the likely cause of this?

I currently have half the ball showing above driver at address, would it help to use even higher tee?

Any videos of your swing? Will help people advise

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you want to hit up on the ball then the swing has to bottom out before it. If you're hitting the ground are you losing height in your downswing?

power fade

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sometimes I am aware of doing a wee squat thing and slight pause at top of backswing and then pushing off ground coming into ball.

Could be a sequencing thing?

Is a possible cause to hit ground first if my weight stays on rear foot too long?

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
what's happening to the ball - starting direction, flight, curvature?

difficult to say exactly why, without seeing address posture, swing motion.

if you're staying on the trail leg that would tend to force the angles to release early so the swing radius gets too wide too soon, this also could make you lean backwards some.

from transition the swing with the driver still has to start from the lower body, left foot, leg, hip, starting the downswing.

the upwards swing motion so +AoA through the ball is an outcome of what has been set at address.
with the more forwards ball position, the head & sternum will be some 4 or so inches behind the ball, forwards spine lean, plus secondary spine tilt aways from target, right shoulder lower than the left because the right hand is lower than the left on the handle, the slightly wider stance with the driver accentuates this spine tilt aways from target.

[video=youtube_share;BhWf1RGMHx4]http://youtu.be/BhWf1RGMHx4[/video]

Last edited: