Driving Irons

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Modern driving irons make it easier to elevate the ball, but just like the 1- and 2-irons of old, they're still brute strength clubs if you want to hit the ball 200 yards.

I lift weights at my advanced age. The main reason is to keep my blood sugar down, bit it does help with hitting the 18-20º iron as well.

D

Deleted member 1147

Modern driving irons make it easier to elevate the ball, but just like the 1- and 2-irons of old, they're still brute strength clubs if you want to hit the ball 200 yards.

I lift weights at my advanced age. The main reason is to keep my blood sugar down, bit it does help with hitting the 18-20º iron as well.
If I only want to hit it 200 I’ll just use my 5 iron, thanks

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I put my gapr lo in the bag when the fairways are dry. I've got a love hate relationship with the club though!
When it's good it's very very good but when it's bad it's a hook monster ?

philstones

Visit site
One vote for the GAPR mid.
New club for the start of the year, wanted something with a lower ball flight for tighter fairways.
I’m not a fast swinger at just under 100 MPH with a driver, but with the KBS stiff shaft GAPR mid teed up a little and loft cranked down to 16 degrees from the original 18, it flies! 225+ carry and the run out you get, perfect for the tighter shorter par 4s.
So much more forgiving than the P790 and GAPR low which I vigorously tested before purchasing the GAPR mid.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I put my gapr lo in the bag when the fairways are dry. I've got a love hate relationship with the club though!
When it's good it's very very good but when it's bad it's a hook monster ?

Post lesson at 4.30 I popped to the range in the evening and threw the Gapr Lo in the bag.
WOW - never hit it so good, THAT's why I purchased it!
Low stinger like shots!
Today I highly recommend it ;)