Driving help needed.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think ive come to the conclusion i may need my first proper lesson ever for driving.Unless any of you experts have some great cure.My drives generally start off straight then fade to the right about 20-30yrds,i have a tendancy to sit back and am having problems transfering the weight to the left side[is this my problem?.Or could it be my grip i usually have my left hand so i can see 3 or sometimes 4 knuckles and my right hand i tend to chop and change as im unsure where it should be exactly,sometimes i turn it in so i can also see a few knuckles but this way i lose distance but its generally straighter,or a more neutral grip where i get a lot more distance because im able to get a better release but it fades slightly.Any advice greatly recieved.Hope its clear enough.I will post a swing soon.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think ive come to the conclusion i may need my first proper lesson ever for driving.Unless any of you experts have some great cure.My drives generally start off straight then fade to the right about 20-30yrds,i have a tendancy to sit back and am having problems transfering the weight to the left side[is this my problem?.Or could it be my grip i usually have my left hand so i can see 3 or sometimes 4 knuckles and my right hand i tend to chop and change as im unsure where it should be exactly,sometimes i turn it in so i can also see a few knuckles but this way i lose distance but its generally straighter,or a more neutral grip where i get a lot more distance because im able to get a better release but it fades slightly.Any advice greatly recieved.Hope its clear enough.I will post a swing soon.

In order to cure the fade, you must transfer your weight onto the left side. Keeping your weight on the right will mean you're cutting across the ball. I'm sure Bob can give you some drills to get the weight transfer working.

Your grip does sound like it needs work. The left hand should show two knuckles. The right hand should be such that the 'V' points to your right shoulder.

I hope this helps.