Drivers

minigolfer

Club Champion
Visit site
i currentely have a 3 and 5 wood is it worth getting a driver in this early stage of my game my teacher says i have the power to use the driver but i dont know if i could controll it all comments would be great

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
The consensus amongst pros I've talked to around here is that it might well be worth trying a driver.....they are so easy to hit these days. Many years ago, they were a no-no really for most youngsters/beginners. If you don't have much club speed yet, then maybe buy a higher lofted driver. Most ladies at my club (not the young serious ones) play with 13-15 degree drivers, and I'm sure you'll be swinging faster than them already.
Try one out, you've got nothing to lose.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you are hitting your 3 and 5 woods well at the moment, then stick with them. Driving distance is not the be all and end all of golf. Keep the ball in play and enjoy the short game - that's where you make your score.

Just thinking..... What is the most expensive club in the bag to buy and which one gets you into the most trouble ?? Just think, how many lessons would a driver buy?