Driver issue - high and left off the tee

TriggerTech

Head Pro
Visit site
Morning all

The driver has always been an inconsistent club for me

Recently changed to a callaway Xhot 10.5 standard stiff shaft
Was hitting it further and cleaner than my previous 910d regular however have now developed a high and left flight off the tee (approx 120 yards)

I'm sure it's a set up issue but for the life of me I can't shake it off
Irons are fine it's just the driver - I'm wondering if it's a mental thing as well as I now don't feel comfortable at the tee
The same has happened with my 3 wood, my hybrids however are fine

Anyone have any ideas

Thanks in advance

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds like your pulling your driver which is caused by an out to in swing with a closed club face. IMHO

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
If you're hitting it high and left (Without seeing your swing) I would 'guess' you're flipping your hands into impact.

Adding loft by letting the club pass your hands and either closing the face down or swinging OTT.

Please note: This advise was given by someone who is hardly and expert and may be deemed as utter dross by more knowledgeable folk

D

Deleted member 15344

If you're hitting it high and left (Without seeing your swing) I would 'guess' you're flipping your hands into impact.

Adding loft by letting the club pass your hands and either closing the face down or swinging OTT.

Please note: This advise was given by someone who is hardly and expert and may be deemed as utter dross by more knowledgeable folk

Seems a pretty good reason for the problem

Definitely adding more loft to the club and closing the face on impact

G

guest100718

I occasionly hit it high and left with the driver, usually its a nervy attempt at stearing the clubhead. Hence this years motto is JFHI..!