Driver Fitting Results

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Just been to a fitting at AG. Tested the rouge, m4 and g400. There was no difference to my current driver which has a regular shaft in it. I tested everything else with stiff on the advice of the fitter. Typical drive for me is 240-250 total.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Current driver is a g30.

Either the marketing is hype, or I can't be helped!!! I suspect the latter 😂

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Similar experience for me recently with irons, I went to AG on an indoor net and hit my own 714 AP1 7i 155-160 yards consistently. Tried Ping, Callaway, TM, Mizuno & even Wilson and nothing out performed the 714's.

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tried the New cobra f8 and Ping G400 max on sunday. After several shaft changes the fitter looked at me and said i cant get near the figures with the setup i have at the moment. Infact he pointed out i had a low smash factor at 1.39 and said get nearer 1.45 and you could get up to 15yds better so a driver lesson has been booked.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ironically, I was never fitted for that driver! Maybe I just got lucky when I selected it out of the used bin!

or it might be over time you have made it fit you... IE you have learned to play it and that's why it's good for you.

I really don't agree that the new heads are making much a difference but think shafts do but again from 1-5 years I think the difference is probably minimal.

I have an epic and love it but have had mates try it on trackman and they can't hit as good as their old Titleist 903 and TM Aeroburners

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought an M1 last year (a moment of rashness) and to be honest I really have yet to find a significant difference between it and the R9 I previously used.

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Interesting reading the responses and most reference distances exclusively in a simulated environment.

Did you look at anything else i.e.

Did you dispersion left and right get narrower or bigger, with each club ?
What was the dispersion short and long which is just as important ?
Did you miss more to the right or left vs your current club ?
Could you hit your fairway finder with each club and how did it perform? (the shot you need to hit fairway with on the 18th tee to put you on the way to your best score).

Lots more to a fit than it didn't go no further than my current driver. For us Am's we dont have the swing speeds to see the marginal increments in ball speeds from nearly any driver in the last 5 years maybe longer.