Dreaming

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
So, my playing partner admitted during an on course conversation that he often dreams about playing golf at night.
the problem is, he never gets off the first tee as there is always something that prevents it. The tee won't go in the ground, the ball won't stay on the tee, there isn't enough room to swing the club, branches in the way etc.
The funny thing is, I have exactly the same sort of dreams myself.
Does anyone else get these dreams of are we just a pair of weirdos? And what do they mean?
Is it anxiety do you think?

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
So, my playing partner admitted during an on course conversation that he often dreams about playing golf at night.
the problem is, he never gets off the first tee as there is always something that prevents it. The tee won't go in the ground, the ball won't stay on the tee, there isn't enough room to swing the club, branches in the way etc.
The funny thing is, I have exactly the same sort of dreams myself.
Does anyone else get these dreams of are we just a pair of weirdos? And what do they mean?
Is it anxiety do you think?
I Don't know what the meaning of the dream is, but nearly everyone I know who plays golf has the same sort of dream, just can't swing the club due to no room or something in the way, but when I dream I'm playing football I'm always the midfield general running the show and banging in goals like they are going out of fashion

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure I've dreamt about golf but I don't recall a dream where I couldn't play for one of those reasons.

I do get similar but non-golf dreams though, such as you get in a fight with someone but when you swing a punch it's in super slow motion so it doesn't hurt them at all. I've had that dream a few times. Or you'll be running after them but you're moving in slow motion and they're running rings round you.

D

Deleted member 23344

I occasionally have a similar sort of dream. I have to get across town for something important, but everything I try doesn’t work ... the car won’t start, trains take me to the wrong place, can’t find it on the map, etc. I am led to believe that such dreams are caused by something that is bothering you, but who knows?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
At the risk of appearing very weird, my recurring golf dream (not that regular thankfully) is going to relieve myself in the trees and being hit and killed by a stray golf ball from an adjacent fairway? Must have a scary premonition about dying with my bits out!?

Yerman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the underlying psychology is the same, in my recurring golf dream I come out of the club house and find my clubs gone and spend the rest of the time searching aimlessly. Does golf cause or help stress?, I'm undecided.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mine all centre around my clubs being miles away from me standing by the ball, so i can't play, and it's really difficult to get to them.

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Wow, thanks for the replies. I thought it was just my playing partner and me who were in a weird club of our own!!
So it seems that our beloved game even messes with your head when your asleep.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mmm, a dream about being unable to get it going. I have no idea what that could mean (!).

I have a dream where I play a round hitting a beautiful soft fade for every shot.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Wow, thanks for the replies. I thought it was just my playing partner and me who were in a weird club of our own!!
So it seems that our beloved game even messes with your head when your asleep.
It most definitely does...you’ll find some amusing examples of same as you and your mate experienced under other threads - my version is more a nightmare than a dream ... though I think for most if not all of us that’s the case.?

In mine it’s not only the frustration, it’s more the complete and utter embarrassment that I feel in front of others than I experience.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I've had all those golf dreams mentioned above. I've read a few books about dreams decades ago. This is a common theme not a special golf one. Actors can't get from their dressing room to the stage, swimmers similarly from changing room to the pool, teachers never finish marking the pile of essays and American cops can't put their hand on the correct tazer.