Dream team?

ClarkeCAGC

Medal Winner
Visit site
This week was the first tournament to count for th ryder cup standings for 2010. firstly congrats to alex noren on a wonderful performance. but it ot me thinkin monty said himself ideally he would like twelve and i was wondering if you were rder cup captain with twelve picks ,right here and right now, who would your twelve be?

mine ould be as follows:
1 Sergio Garcia
2 Padraig Harrington
3 Paul Casey
4 Rory McIlroy
5 Martin Kaymer
6 Alaro Quiros
7 Lee Westwood
8 Henrik Stenson
9 Miguel Angel Jimenez
10 Ross Fisher
11 Ian Poulter
12 Graeme McDowell*

If Robert Karlsson returns to form afetr his long lay-off he would replace McDowell

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
This week was the first tournament to count for th ryder cup standings for 2010. firstly congrats to alex noren on a wonderful performance. but it ot me thinkin monty said himself ideally he would like twelve and i was wondering if you were rder cup captain with twelve picks ,right here and right now, who would your twelve be?

mine ould be as follows:
1 Sergio Garcia
2 Padraig Harrington
3 Paul Casey
4 Rory McIlroy
5 Martin Kaymer
6 Alaro Quiros
7 Lee Westwood
8 Henrik Stenson
9 Miguel Angel Jimenez
10 Ross Fisher
11 Ian Poulter
12 Graeme McDowell*

If Robert Karlsson returns to form afetr his long lay-off he would replace McDowell

That will probably be 90% of the final team right there. A very strong team. With Monty at the helm, I think the yanks will be in for a bit of a doing!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
I'd have to disagree with McDowell dropping out - he has proved himself to a much greater depth than Quiros both on Tour and by having Walker, Ryder and Tavistock Cup experience

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The 12 in the original list would be fine by me.

Its a good sign of the strength and depth of European players that people can talk about choosing "only 12"

I'd like to see a Scot on the team. It's probably one Ryder Cup too soon for Callum Macaulay though there are others who could possibly push for a place.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Marko where the hell have you been ...... ??????????

Around....been doing silly hours of footie manager on the PC when not working or playing golf...... Don't say you've missed me Andy - I'll get embarrassed :eek:

feary

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Replace Quiros with Chris Wood. He is improving fast and has great potential. Plus says he likes the 2010 course and came T10 in wales open 2009.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Agree with Mike H on McDowell but come on Mike does Tavistock experience count for anything? It's like picking me for Walker Cup cos I've had England v Scotland GM Ryder Cup experience that!!

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
1. Westwood
2. Harrington
3. Casey
4. Poulter
5. Stenson
6. Fisher
7. Kaymer
8. Garcia
9. McIlroy
10. Jimenez
11. Kjeldsen
12. Dredge*

Bradley Dredge is in my team as I think it always helps to have a local in the side (remember Kenny Perry last time). Also if Karlsson is back on form then he would replace Jimenez who although I like, hasn't got the best record in the Ryder Cup.