Draw for Marriott Hanbury Manor Centenary Society Day

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Afternoon all,

Finally resolved our technical issues and prepared the draw for Tuesday's big day at Hanbury.

This info has been emailed out to everyone, but I have replicated it here although a little of the original formatting has been lost.

Please note, play will now be from the white tees

See anyone who's playing on Tuesday - have a good weekend

Jezz

Golf Monthly Centenary Society Golf Day
Marriott Hanbury Manor
Tuesday 5th April 2011

Starting times

Time

10.28 James Egerton (1) Gerald Jones (9) Ian Murgatroyd (8) Robin Bristow (17)
10.36 Ollie Goodyear (6) Paul Fleming (6) Edwin Martin (14) Darren Farmer (17)
10.44 David Ives (3) Robin Gray (12) Marc Stephens (11) Richard Crowther (20)
10.52 Paul Little (5) Ricky Parkins (10) Glen Parkins (15) Michael Carter (21)
11.00 Graham Miles (6) Chris Kissane (10) Philip Doran (16) Philip Murgatroyd (22)
11.08 David McPheat (6) Anthony Lawrence (10) Malcolm Worner (15) Steve Clifford (22)
11.16 Tom Senior (6) David Howard-Smith (11) Christopher Prior (15) Stephen Convy (23)
11.24 Andrew Guyton (6) John Samson (12) Rob Webb (16) Joe Barrett (23)
11.32 Rick Garg (7) Nick Gould (13) Simon D’Arcy (14) Chris Settle (25)
11.40 Dean Elliott (7) Stephen Montague (10) Tom Wardley (14) Phill Slusar (28)

Details
1) When you arrive at Marriott Hanbury Manor please ask for directions to Poles Hall (it’s a converted chapel) where you will be able to sign in, collect your scorecard and meet your fellow competitors.
2) Tea/coffee and bacon rolls will be served in Poles Hall from 8.00am onwards.
3) After play there will be a rolling buffet, again served in Poles Hall, from 3.00pm.
4) It is anticipated the prizegiving will take place at around 5.00pm.
5) Dress code is normal golfwear on the course and casual after play.

Format
1) The competition will be a full handicap Stableford off the white tees.
2) There will be a single tee start off the 1st at eight-minute intervals playing in fours, with the first group going off at 10.28am.
3) IMPORTANT: the 1st tee is a good five-minute walk from the putting green area, so please leave ample time to be on the tee five minutes before your allotted time.
4) The winners in each of four handicap categories (to be determined by the make-up of the field) will win a place in the Grand Final at Marriott Forest of Arden on October 13th 2011 + B&B accommodation the night before.
5) In the event of a tie, the four category winners will be decided on countback (back nine, six, three, two and one until a winner is found).
6) Nearest the Pin on the 4th hole; Longest Drive on the 17th.

Practice facilities
1) There are two driving ranges/practice grounds, one of which is about a 10 minute walk from the main hotel, and the other - where you can hit irons only - between the 10th and 18th fairways. Baskets of 60 balls cost £5.
2) There is a practice putting green and chipping area between the hotel and 18th fairway.

Srixon/Cleveland equipment testing
A representative of the Srixon/Cleveland brand will be on hand throughout the day with a range of wedges for you to try. He will be happy to answer your queries and help with any short game-related advice you’re after.

Directions
Address: Marriott Hanbury Manor, Ware, Hertfordshire, England SG12 0SD.
Hanbury Manor is situated just off the A10 north of Ware in Hertfordshire.
From the north
Leave the A10 at the slip road marked ‘Ware, Thundridge and Wadesmill, A1170’. Turn left at the first roundabout, Go straight across the next roundabout and Hanbury Manor is about 100 metres or so up on the left
From the south
Pass the ‘Ware north’ and ‘Hertford’ junctions on the A10. Immediately after the A602 Stevenage Junction, take the slip road marked ‘A1170 Ware, Thundridge and Wadesmill’. At the roundabout turn right and Hanbury Manor is about 100 metres or so up on the left

Contact details
In the event of any unforeseen problems before the day, please contact the Golf Monthly office on Monday on 020 3148 4530. If anything crops up on the day itself (traffic issues etc), please call Jeremy Ellwood on 07952 370175

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing from the whites? Nice work Jezz! Hope you can persuade Marriott to continue that trend for the rest of the dates.

Oh and best of luck to all those taking part. Hope you all have a good one!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Many thanks for getting the tees changed to the whites :) Apologies to the other 3 who have got to put with me in the 11,40 group

Im Tom :D

I am currently off 15 but if I shoot well tomorrow in the comp I will be off 14 so not sure if I should tell Jezz to change it or not! I might just wait until the evening and give him some work to do monday morning!

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wish you all a good day, HM is a nice track suitable for all abilities so it should be a fair test.

Comiserations to all those who were quietly happy at the thought of playing off the yellows...... :)

TaylormadePhil

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've always thought that the white tees are what the ladies play off at Hanbury Manor.. No wonder your getting thanked..

Good luck to everyone playin in this event :)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Great work on the whites Jezz!
It's going to be a great day!

Rick, playing together again! What are the odds on that?
Looking forward to it.

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Many thanks for getting the tees changed to the whites :) Apologies to the other 3 who have got to put with me in the 11,40 group

Im Tom :D

I am currently off 15 but if I shoot well tomorrow in the comp I will be off 14 so not sure if I should tell Jezz to change it or not! I might just wait until the evening and give him some work to do monday morning!

You've got me as well! I'm waiting for my handicap from my club, handed my cards in on Tuesday.. I'm hoping I should be down at 26.

White tees! its going to be mammouth! Gona try and play safe!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just seen I've got the 12th best handicap in the field - there's some seriously decent players going out!!
Good job we're off the whites - off the yellows the really low guys would murder it!

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great work on the whites Jezz!
It's going to be a great day!

Rick, playing together again! What are the odds on that?
Looking forward to it.
Yeah and I see you're still off that dodgy handicap!! :eek: :D :D
Looking forward to it mate....

great work Jezz on getting the tees moved :cool:

Potor_36

Club Champion
Visit site
Potor36 (Mike Carter) 10:52

Like Murph, I've been playing very well the last few weeks, but am unfortunately now off 15, not 21 like on the list :(

So, go easy on me guys...

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Steve off at 11.08, not that many names that I recognise, which says a lot for the way the forum has grown.

well I asked for the whites - thanks Jezz