Dq played from wrong tees, can scores count in WHs

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Heres one for ye , strange happening

4 of us went to play an.open today, there was a problem with the sign in computer so lady signed us up manualy , we asked what tees in play we were told white , the notice board said white tees ,
Lady met us on way to 1st tee with sign in lables for our cards ,,
Two of the guys shot good scores , when we went to enter scores one of lads noticed when he typed in card number , it said Green tees , we asked in shop , it shoulda been green and we were all DQ , 3 groups at least , ,staff were very apologetic and refunded entry fee ,

Eventually my question , as we signed into a comp , therefore stating our intention for cards to be used for WHS before play , can cards be entetered manually for handicap purposes ?
Thanks in Advance

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You have my sympathy - must be very frustrating.

I can't see how the scores can count though. You entered a comp, played the wrong course and got DQ'd. If as Colin says you should have a GP score for the whites you would have had to register to play this before play - which you didn't.

I guess the upside is you got a free round of golf as they refunded the entrance fees.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site

I can't see how the scores can count though. You entered a comp, played the wrong course and got DQ'd. If as Colin says you should have a GP score for the whites you would have had to register to play this before play - which you didn't.

I guess the upside is you got a free round of golf as they refunded the entrance fees.

You've misunderstood me. They were signed in for the competition: in what way does that not meet the requirement to pre-register a round?
The DQ was not for any of the reasons listed that make a score unacceptable.
The reason I said it should be entered as a GP score off the whites was to make sure that the differential was calculated for the course actually played.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site

Cheers Mike , the 2 guys that played well have their HI gone up not down as a result , awful mess all round

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
You've misunderstood me. They were signed in for the competition: in what way does that not meet the requirement to pre-register a round?
The DQ was not for any of the reasons listed that make a score unacceptable.
The reason I said it should be entered as a GP score off the whites was to make sure that the differential was calculated for the course actually played.
Waiting on a reply from Golf Ireland , see what their decision is