DQ`d from Comp - do hcap alterations still apply ?

oltimer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
DQ`d for arriving very very late for tee time, originally incorrectly thought 2 shot pen applied.
When cards returned was advised the correct penalty was dq.
played to well below the hcap - question being should the handicap still be adjusted ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry to contradict, Phil, but a DQ under 6-3 for being more than 5 minutes late is one of the DQs where the score is not acceptable for handicap.

See Appendix P of your CONGU Manual (pp 91 & 92)

Now that's interesting cheers Colin because the system allowed the score to count when i had the same issue so I queried it and was told they count when i contacted Congu so will go back to them again and find out why I was given wrong info - cheers Colin

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah, but there is an adjustment which I forgot to mention. Just to rub salt into that painful wound, your card is treated as a nil return and you have a 0.1 increase. See the explanation above the table on p92.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sorry to contradict, Phil, but a DQ under 6-3 for being more than 5 minutes late is one of the DQs where the score is not acceptable for handicap.

See Appendix P of your CONGU Manual (pp 91 & 92)

I can't see a reason why a score shouldn't be accepted just because you're late teeing off...you're still playing the course under competition conditions..
DQ from the comp but surely you have to take the card..? If you still get a 0.1 back then you must be able to be cut, logically.....
I'm not sure which depresses me more...the above or the fact that the CONGU manual is 113 pages long.........

Pro Zach

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can't see a reason why a score shouldn't be accepted just because you're late teeing off...you're still playing the course under competition conditions..
DQ from the comp but surely you have to take the card..? If you still get a 0.1 back then you must be able to be cut, logically.....
I'm not sure which depresses me more...the above or the fact that the CONGU manual is 113 pages long.........

Possibly because the DQ for being late is a rule of golf. If the player knows the rules then he starts knowing he is disqualified. The psychological pressure of playing a game trying to win is very different to playing knowing you can’t win. So the scores aren’t comparable.

Your ‘logical’ argument would only be true if the 0.1 increase was based on the score, but it isn’t. You can’t be adjusted either way based on the score because the card is classed as a no return [of score]. The increase is because no score was returned.