Doubles card question

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I recently played in an away doubles comp and had a very good individual round. My score counted on 12 holes. As I was on for a new personal best score I also kept an individual score card. Even when I was out of the other hole (as my partner played better) I continued to play the hole out.
My question is: rather than submit my pairs card to my home club handicap secretary am I able to use my individual one instead as a more accurate representation of my score?

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
I recently played in an away doubles comp and had a very good individual round. My score counted on 12 holes. As I was on for a new personal best score I also kept an individual score card. Even when I was out of the other hole (as my partner played better) I continued to play the hole out.
My question is: rather than submit my pairs card to my home club handicap secretary am I able to use my individual one instead as a more accurate representation of my score?
No. (And you should have picked up when you were ‘out of the hole’).

D-S

Visit site
Was the away competition ‘qualifying’? If so, and if your team and personal score met the criteria then it will appear on your record anyway. If you didn’t meet the criteria and it was qualifying then it will not appear. You cannot submit the score you made as a GP score as it was not played in an acceptable format for a GP score - it was not individual strokeplay.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Depends on which jurisdiction you were playing in.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was the away competition ‘qualifying’? If so, and if your team and personal score met the criteria then it will appear on your record anyway. If you didn’t meet the criteria and it was qualifying then it will not appear. You cannot submit the score you made as a GP score as it was not played in an acceptable format for a GP score - it was not individual strokeplay.
I'm not sure to be honest. Day two was individual and they told us to record that on golf England app. On the first day that was better ball They said as I appeared on more than 9 holes and the team shot over 43 it had to go in. The reason I'm asking this question is getting the card back is proving to be difficult.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure to be honest. Day two was individual and they told us to record that on golf England app. On the first day that was better ball They said as I appeared on more than 9 holes and the team shot over 43 it had to go in. The reason I'm asking this question is getting the card back is proving to be difficult.
Who are “they”?, as organisers “they” should have set the competition up as acceptable for handicap scores. It’s not your responsibility.
Also the individual competition should have been set up on whatever platform used, not input via the EG App as a general play round.
Seems a bit shambolic.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played in a 4BBB comp on Tuesday run by MGU and we were told it was qualifying . We shot 6 under and I featured on 11 holes with what I thought would have been 37 points had I holed out .
I used what I believe is the criteria WHS use for when your partner is on the card and is would have given me a score differential to be one of my best 8 but no change overnight.
The one winner had a .2 cut to his HI

D-S

Visit site
If they meant by ‘it had to go in’ that a GP card should go in, then they were wrong - if you could it would be good if you could advise them of that.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Guys thanks for the replies but it looks like I was premature (again) 😂.

Spoke to the event organiser and he said it wasn't a qualified comp. Seems a few people on the day where sticking their noses in where it wasn't wanted

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's done it....there will be questions as to why it wasn't a qualifier now.....
Sorry for the ignorance but I have no knowledge in this area. What is a "qualifying comp". Does that also mean that a qualified comp would adjust your handicap automatically and no need to use England golf app

D-S

Visit site
Sorry for the ignorance but I have no knowledge in this area. What is a "qualifying comp". Does that also mean that a qualified comp would adjust your handicap automatically and no need to use England golf app
The EG App is for General Play (non competition) scores only. The round must be pre registered and the only acceptable format is Individual Strokeplay.

In any individual competitions, if the course is qualifying, your score will be submitted automatically to EG, you don’t need to do anything.

Official 4BB competitions may also be acceptable for handicapping but again you do not need to do anything, if your score meets the criteria it will be uploaded to your record, if it doesn’t meet them it will not.

Any other team comp is not acceptable and as the round is not Individual Strokeplay it is not acceptable for handicapping so your score will not be uploaded nor can you input it into the EG App.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
The EG App is for General Play (non competition) scores only. The round must be pre registered and the only acceptable format is Individual Strokeplay.

In any individual competitions, if the course is qualifying, your score will be submitted automatically to EG, you don’t need to do anything.

Official 4BB competitions may also be acceptable for handicapping but again you do not need to do anything, if your score meets the criteria it will be uploaded to your record, if it doesn’t meet them it will not.

Any other team comp is not acceptable and as the round is not Individual Strokeplay it is not acceptable for handicapping so your score will not be uploaded nor can you input it into the EG App.
That's very informative thank you.
if I did get the card and give it to my handicap sec would he tell me to get stuffed?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
If it’s not an official comp and a “swindle” etc or social comp etc then it’s no different to what we see where people put their social scores in as general play cards

If it’s a club competition then no you can’t put a singles card in

But an “away doubles” comp - there was nothing stopping you from entering a general play card

NearHull

Visit site
I don’t believe there is anything in the Rules of Handicap that stops both players putting out in a 4BBB strokeplay competition. Yes, it’s not good for the pace of play, but if both players are playing really well ( scoring over 42 pts etc)and they both submit all scores, the software ( certainly ClubV1) will pass through both scores to the EG Database and both players will have scores added to their records.

ETA. The EG software only uses Player A’s Stableford score when Player B doesn’t enter a score. But assume both players score 3 pts. Had Player A not entered his score, then he would be award 1.5pts deduced from Player B’s 3pts. But having entered his 3pt score Player A is given 3pts. I think we can all see the advantage/disadvantages - depending on your viewpoint.

Last edited: