Dorset course advice required, please.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
In September, four of us are planning a short break in Dorset.
The courses we've been offered are both with a base at Dudsbury GC Hotel and include three rounds of golf at clubs I've never played, except Isle of Purbeck.
The courses on offer are as follows;
Option 1: Dudsbury, Bulbery Woods & Crane valley or,
Option 2: Dudsbury, Isle of Purbeck & Remedy Oak.
Any reviews of the above courses would be very handy.
Thanks all :thup:.

Oh, Option 2 is £100 more expensive than Option 1.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not surprised that option 2 is £100 more! Much depends on what courses you are used to playing. I've played both Crane Valley and Bulbury Woods and they are respectable parkland courses. Have driven past IOP and it looks spectacular. I would say that Dudsbury would be the odd one out of the three in option 2. Drainage is not overly good. My bro has played there a few times and apparently its nicknamed 'Floodsbury.' Remedy Oak opened up with a reputation of being rather exclusive. Havent played there myself. If you can afford the extra £100 then i would go for it.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Option 2 if it was double the price. Crane Valley & bulbury are average at best. Dudsbury will be fine in September unless it rains for a week before.
Isle of purbeck & remedy are far & away a better option

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dudsbury is fine.
Bulbury Woods is ok but not great, would be my last choice of course out of those offered
Crane Valley is fine but I have not played there in about 20 years.
Isle of Purbeck is a good test but last time I played there (July last year) the greens were exceedingly slow.

I have never played Remedy Oak but those I know that have say it is good.

Have a look at each clubs website to check the green fees to see why there is such a difference.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Only additional comment I would add to the others is it depend a little on the ability of the players.

Remedy Oak is a tough track and so can Isle of Purbeck be if it's windy. If you are regular players with a 18 or better handicap then option 2. If not you may find the other option more enjoyable and less expensive in golf balls. Dudsdbury is fine either way.