Votes: 49 41.9%
  • Yes, but only in casual play

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Yes, anytiome including competitions

Votes: 27 23.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 25575

I see enough dog dirt round and about generally on the streets and whatnot, let alone when Fido takes a dump while his owner is looking for a ball and doesn’t see it happening and thus doesn’t pick up the offending dump.
Golf is a sport that needs concentration regardless of how diligent an owner is they won’t have their eye on the dog all the time, that’s before we even get to the ones who don’t pick up after their dog anyway.

Skytot

Visit site
I asked about dogs on the course, and was told only very well behaved ones . The one I saw was on its lead , no way could it have done a dump without its owners seeing it .

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I asked about dogs on the course, and was told only very well behaved ones . The one I saw was on its lead , no way could it have done a dump without its owners seeing it .

Must be a bit tricky playing a shot with a dog lead in one hand.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When you scoop up a dog turd it still leaves a residue on the grass.
Especially if it was less than a solid one. ( sorry to lower the tone)
Imagine if your ball landed on that.

We have a lot of Canada geese atm there bad enough!

Alan Clifford

Visit site

It's only poo. Thames water regularly plonk it in the rivers untreated with the government's permission so it mustn't be a serious problem.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site

If the owners are well behaved and I agree that this is a big if, this problem is minimal when compared with the general muck on the course such as birds foxes etc.
If the poo is picked up, courses are mown and rain happens the residue where there is any is minimal for a very short time.

Because of the right to roam the public walking dogs cannot be banned from Scottish courses and virtually every course will have some dog walkers. Residue in my experience is a non problem.
Having nothing picked up can be a problem.

D

Deleted member 25575

If the owners are well behaved and I agree that this is a big if, this problem is minimal when compared with the general muck on the course such as birds foxes etc.
If the poo is picked up, courses are mown and rain happens the residue where there is any is minimal for a very short time.

Because of the right to roam the public walking dogs cannot be banned from Scottish courses and virtually every course will have some dog walkers. Residue in my experience is a non problem.
I played the Braids up in Edinburgh the other week and on one of the tees, right between the yellow markers was a huge pile of dog mess.
It’s not just the dogs that are the problem, it’s the owners, but very much like slow play, I am yet to meet a dog owner who will admit to not picking up after their dog.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played the Braids up in Edinburgh the other week and on one of the tees, right between the yellow markers was a huge pile of dog mess.
It’s not just the dogs that are the problem, it’s the owners, but very much like slow play, I am yet to meet a dog owner who will admit to not picking up after their dog.
I agree which is why I said it's a big if, and I said residue from picked up poo wasn't really a problem.
If people don't pick up it is, where there is heavy walking which often occurs on public courses it can be a problem.

D

Deleted member 25575

I agree which is why I said it's a big if, and I said residue from picked up poo wasn't really a problem.
If people don't pick up it is, where there is heavy walking which often occurs on public courses it can be a problem.
I wasn’t calling into question your post, more backing it up with my own observation

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I have played a good number of rounds with pp who have their dogs with them

The dogs on the whole are better behaved that most humans playing , certainly have better etiquette

As with all walks of life with dogs , he will behave as well as the owner does

Never had any issues with dog muck , barking or any disturbances and the dog just sits quietly on the lead attached to the trolley

Many Surrey heathland and links courses have taps and bowls out on the course for dogs

oleinone

Visit site
Our lady treasurer has the most extraordinary German Shepherd cross. His devotion to her and his impeccable behaviour is really rather touching. An example, on Sunday she was in the clubhouse doing some work with the president. Jules was patiently sitting outside on the terrace watching her through the window - not a sound and nothing was ever going to tempt him to move. She and I play the occasional round and his presence is always a bonus.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site

In Scotland there is no "Right To Roam" it is in fact covered by the Scottish Outdoor Access Code and there are specific rights relating to golf courses.