• Yes, but only in casual play

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • Yes, anytiome including competitions

Votes: 24 24.0%

• Total voters

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
You bend down with a bag and pick it up... you ever seen a dog walker scrubbing a grass verge?

It's ok to not like dogs, but please don't be deliberately obtuse.

I love dogs and love the idea of a well behaved pooch as company during a solo round.

But, I fear the cold hard reality. Dog poo can be sloppy :sick: , and it will at some point end up on a golf ball, that's why I voted no. I dislike dog poo on my ball / clubs / clothing more than the idea of taking pooch with me to the golf course!

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
You bend down with a bag and pick it up... you ever seen a dog walker scrubbing a grass verge?

It's ok to not like dogs, but please don't be deliberately obtuse.
A grass verge is not a golf course where folks balls roll around and you pick them up. You're the one being obtuse, and I have no issue with dogs, my daughter has a lovely staffy and until recently a chocolate lab as well.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wild animals and birds also poo on golf courses. I have no truck with people who don't pick up their dogs poo but the idea that a tiny residue that could be left after picking up is more of a problem than the wild animal and bird poo that exists is not one I agree with.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Wild animals and birds also poo on golf courses. I have no truck with people who don't pick up their dogs poo but the idea that a tiny residue that could be left after picking up is more of a problem than the wild animal and bird poo that exists is not one I agree with.
Well...
1. Dogs will be covering the areas golfers cover
2. IF you mean deer & rabbits, (struggling to think of other wild animals that cover a course), then they are veggie, they drop pellets much like rabbits, and are harmless, unlike dog poo

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My point still stands, and tbf I've never come across fox poo on the course, birds, rabbits & deer, yes.
I have come across fox poo occasionally I have nothing against rabbit or deer poo. There are dogs walked on our course and I have never yet been troubled by a few scrapings of dog poo when it has been removed.Nor have I on other courses where people walking dogs and not clearing up after them is a little more common on municipal courses where not cleared up dog poo is an occasional hazard but the bits left over have not been that I observe.

D

Deleted member 21445

Defo not in competitions for me.

If I ever go down for a few holes on a summer evening on my own I take my dog, stays on lead even though she wouldn't run away.