• Yes, but only in casual play

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Yes, anytiome including competitions

Votes: 27 23.1%

• Total voters

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was attacked by a dog as a young boy and don’t like them near me.

I would not play with anyone who brought a dog with them.

But I would not vote against it. As long as the pps were informed first.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Only dogs I've encountered on the course was playing with James Hunt the F1 driver at Wimbledon Common. He played with two alsatians in tow but they would not move a hair without his say so and never moved or barked during a shot. Impeccably trained andproblably had better manners on the course than their master who was know to swear and launch the odd club

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I used to take mine when I went for a few holes late of an evening. Just me and the dog, usually the only ones on the course. She was off the lead but walked ‘to heel.’ No, she didn’t run off if she saw a rabbit or cat etc, and she was trained to toilet in a specific place in the garden.

I wouldn’t take her if it was a casual knock with friends. Some people don’t like dogs, and I wouldn’t impose on them.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Im all in favor, both my clubs allow dogs and had many happy hours with my old Pointer Baldrick, who was worth his weight in gold as a ball hunter. Rupert though has zero interest in golf balls. my old club Nairn wouldnt allow them for members despite all and sundry members of the public wandering all over the course with dogs.

Last edited:

Fore Right

Visit site
If I ever go for a few holes late on after 8pm I take my dog with me. She loves it, stays on the lead, doesn't bark, just looks at me blankly thinking what is this stupid game you're playing.

Mandofred

Visit site
Golfers are just normal people.....some are honest as heck, others aren't. These same people with dogs.....same thinking. Some will be great with their dogs, others will let them poop, dig, howl everywhere like they do at home. Why ask for problems?

mister v

Visit site
No.

Its not that I have a problem with them on the course, the dogs that I’ve seen on the course have been fantastically well behaved and the owners wouldn’t want their round disrupted by a misbehaving dog either

I have a dog allergy and in the summer being told “its ok he’s fine” when they pull up a chair next to you on the terrace and pop fido down get all upset when told “he might be but I’m not” and as I’m the one paying the £1200 a year membership plus more than I care to admit on my bar bill how about buggering off ……..

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
Absolute no for me.

If I were to injure someone with an errant shot I’d be devastated. But my conscience would at least be slightly soothed by the fact that I shouted fore as loudly as possible and we all know and accept the risks when we choose to play.

Fido doesn’t know he’s taking a risk and doesn’t duck for cover when he hears fore.

I know the chance of that happening is tiny but it’s enough for my vote against. Sorry Fido ☹️

RichA

Visit site
Not judging anyone - I know some people are not dog people - but I find it weird that our species has lived alongside dogs since the ice age, yet we specifically exclude them from joining us on a 6 mile walk in the countryside when it's a round of golf.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not judging anyone - I know some people are not dog people - but I find it weird that our species has lived alongside dogs since the ice age, yet we specifically exclude them from joining us on a 6 mile walk in the countryside when it's a round of golf.
We've probably been making fires and growing food since before the ice age , I'm not sure that either is an appropriate activity on the golf course. There are pros and cons to dogs and golf but I'm not sure a long history mainly based on hunting and guarding is a reason to have them on the golf course.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My club is in the countryside and there are a myriad of lovely walks all around us. No-one needs the golf course to walk their dog.

RichA

Visit site
My club is in the countryside and there are a myriad of lovely walks all around us. No-one needs the golf course to walk their dog.
But it's nice to be able to combine the two activities. Fortunately there are plenty of places where you can, which is why I said I'm not judging anyone.

Reactions: sjw

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some humans are excluded from golf courses never mind dogs😉

Mandofred

Visit site
But it's nice to be able to combine the two activities. Fortunately there are plenty of places where you can, which is why I said I'm not judging anyone.
Dogs in an operating room. Nope.....not hygienic.
Dogs in an F1 car. Nope....well....cause.
Dogs on a golf course. Lovely....until they aren't.
I like animals....but there are many places I don't want to see them.

RichA

Visit site
Dogs in an operating room. Nope.....not hygienic.
Dogs in an F1 car. Nope....well....cause.
Dogs on a golf course. Lovely....until they aren't.
I like animals....but there are many places I don't want to see them.
Dammit. Because I was actively suggesting that I wanted to see them in operating theatres and F1 cars.

Skytot

Visit site
Walked along the beach yesterday with my wife & Golden Retriever to Seahouses Golf club . Dogs are very welcome there, 2 inside the clubhouse and 2 on the balcony. Also saw a well behaved dog on its lead with 2 golfers. Seahouses is a seaside holiday town and they embrace walkers with their dogs.