Dog Licence today!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
When I was 13 or 14 I managed to qualify in 16th place for the junior club championship. Think I was off about 24 or 21 (there or there about's).

Being number 16 I was playing last year's champion who was off 1 or 2, long story boring I was skelped 9&8.

The thing that sticks in my mind was that he was very gracious in his victory and encouraged me after we had shook hands.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
In my very first match play I was 8 down after 9, halved the 2nd after knobbing it 10 yards then stiffing it to about 5 inches, par 3.
I then subsequently won the next holes until getting beat on the 16th, was pretty proud of my second half performance, was that nervous at the start, it’s what could of been.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Couple of weeks back our foxes team was in the county knock-out final. The opponents fielded a guy in his twenties playing off 12 who beat one of our "bankers" 8&6.
Turned out that he was a tennis pro who had only recently taken up golf and just a few weeks before been allocated his first ever handicap of 12.
Obviously one of those irritating people who are good at any sport they care to try. There were of course mutterings about ringers, but to be fair they beat us fairly easily.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Couple of weeks back our foxes team was in the county knock-out final. The opponents fielded a guy in his twenties playing off 12 who beat one of our "bankers" 8&6.
Turned out that he was a tennis pro who had only recently taken up golf and just a few weeks before been allocated his first ever handicap of 12.
Obviously one of those irritating people who are good at any sport they care to try. There were of course mutterings about ringers, but to be fair they beat us fairly easily.
God do I hate people like that. There's a guy at my club who's generally off around 5 now, but I was chatting to him a while back about handicaps and such, he said 'I wouldn't know what it's like for you as I've never been that high' (I was off 20-odd at the time). I was like "What, never? Not even when you first started playing?" He said his first handicap when he joined was 9. Cheers for that. :cautious:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
That must have been intensely satisfying. Got what was coming to him!
it was, esp as he also stood on the first tee boasting how well he was driving the ball and the distance he was getting from his new Titleist Driver, at the time i was really strugging with my driver... and he knew it... he then went and stuck his drives on the first and 2nd on the beach:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: