Do you use a carry bag with your trolley/cart?

Do you use a carry bag with your trolley/cart?

• Yes - one bag to rule them all

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • No - I have a carry bag and a cart bag

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • I use a golf buggy

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I have a caddy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Barking_Mad

Visit site
So I need a new bag and my current one is a carry bag with kickstand and I use it with my trolley. I rarely carry, partly because it's actually quite heavy compared to modern bags. So I was thinking, do I really need a cart bag and a carry bag, or will a carry bag be fine providing it fixes on to the trolley? What say you?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A few on herenhave hybrid bags that do both reasonably well.
Personally, I'm in a similar boat to you.
I very rarely have to carry, I dont like carrying and only carry just a bit morenthan a half set.
I bought a Big Max DriLite 7 fairly cheaply.
It has few pockets so there's not much room for the detritus you normally fill pockets with.
It should last forever given the number of times it's going to be used.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have both, prefer to carry a half set when it gets wet and boggy as I can't be bothered to clean my trolley every time, and also makes it easy with the roped off areas. Also use the carry bag to take a selection of clubs when I go to the range

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Carry bag for the winter and a trolley bag when using trolley in summer. I also take the carry bag when going abroad even if I will be using a buggy. Only because it is easier to carry around the hotel between the room and the course.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the Motocaddy Hydroflex, which is designed to be a hybrid bag. So it's a carry bag with stand and straps, but it sits just as well on a trolley too. It's perfect and I don't have to faff about swapping bags over when we get to this time of year. Since I started using hybrid bags I wondered why I ever bothered having separate trolley and carry bags before. Just no need for it.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Hmm I didnt realise there were hybrid bags - my current one is about 10 years old and I rarely look at new ones....

Any reocmmendations for hybrid ones at about £150-£180?

YandaB

Visit site
I wanted a 14 way, hybrid, waterproof bag, not many options, went for the H2NO one and been very happy with it but it wasn't cheap!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Two bags for me

And to be honest the cart bag is getting used less and less because while I often use a buggy when playing, I mostly walk to the course (couple of km's) since I bought the carry bag

Mike79

Visit site
I looked at a Titleist hybrid 14 when I got my Motocaddy M1 but the guy in the shop talked me out of it… said it wasn’t much better than my Players 4+

So I’ve kept the 4+ for winter and got a cart bag for summer.

RichA

Visit site
2 carry bags: one is light and waterproof; the other is even lighter but porous.
Both fit on my trolley.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I bought this hybrid bag in September. Collected in person so no postage charge.
Of course, when it was made 40 years ago, it would not have been called a hybrid bag, merely a bag.
I've had it out on a Titleist Turfglider and it did the job well. I could carry it with its fancy padded strap, but I don't think I'll bother. I have a more suitable carry bag.

cheap adidas bag.jpg

I have several more bags. Similar prices.
"So why do you need so many bags?" you might reasonably ask.
Well, they are useful places to store several sets of golf clubs.

Most recent purchase,

07.jpg

...appears to have lived up to its name.

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
So I need a new bag and my current one is a carry bag with kickstand and I use it with my trolley. I rarely carry, partly because it's actually quite heavy compared to modern bags. So I was thinking, do I really need a cart bag and a carry bag, or will a carry bag be fine providing it fixes on to the trolley? What say you?

Should you be minded towards a trolley bag instead...

https://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/tayl...S35mkt3jQyWwyt8yEPArojMWuFR5jQgEVPT1Yh.XYMVUu

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I ticked YES but don't have "One bag to rule them all", rather many bags which I try and use through the year but when it's wet then it's my Sun Mountain H2NO.

Having said that I also have a few trolleys and these also get an airing through the year.

1950s? example, I've since worked out how to extend the wheelbase so this one doesn't keep wanting to fall over any more.
1669458535136.png

1960s? Bag Boy, built like the proverbial brick :poop:house, much of it is cast aluminium and it weighs a ton!
1669458678646.png

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Both for me. I like to have a cart bag with lots of space and pockets to store waterproofs, drinks bottle, tablets, sun cream etc. When i then have to carry, I just take the clubs out, plus a few balls, glove and tees and stick them in my carry bag. Saves a lot of faff or having 2 lots of everything.

Also, I play abroad every couple of years, the cart bag becomes very handy in storing everything, clothes, toiletries, shoes etc to save paying extra for a suitcase!

I did consider going to a hybrid but I’d miss the space I think.