Do you score most games you go out

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I was keeping stats for the first part of the season and so knew my score every time I played. I've been experimenting for the last few months on simply playing and not worrying about the numbers. It's strange. I miss understanding my trends and what I'm doing well or not but it has definitely taken a self-imposed pressure off. However I still keep a mental tally as I'm playing as I'm simply trying to make the best score I can on any given day

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
On Fridays and Saturdays, I am in a swindle, so stableford it is. Combined with matchplay in the 4 ball.
Sunday is matchplay, and I count the total shots in my head for the heck of it, until my mental card is wrecked, then I don't give a stuff.
On holiday, I never keep score. I am there to enjoy myself, not beat myself up over a bad score.
Also, given that my home course has no water, it is fun to mess about trying carries, Tiger lines, etc when playing a different course.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I always know my score regardless.

Bounce games, medal rounds, 6 holes at night, quick 9 holes, I always subconsciously know what I'm scoring.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I could re-count every shot per hole after a round anyway so writing a score down isn't needed. I often lay in bed at night running back through every hole and shot then counting it up. I only write a a card out when playing in a swinlde or comp where I need to.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I always keep score. Confirms how crap I am now!
Definitely had that feeling. We have a Sunday roll up and the loser becomes the winners "bitch" and the winner buys a drink for everyone playing out of the winnings and the losing guy has to fetch and carry them to everyone, clear the tables etc and is generally at the winners beck and call. Amazing how when you're playing badly, know what score you have, how that one point hole feels so important and hope it's the one that'll make a difference