Do you enjoy playing in strong winds?

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In a competition sure, takes out 60% of the field because they don't want to be there and 20% because they don't know what to do.

Just playing with mates it ends up being who can hit the silliest shot.

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
I used to hate playing in the wind until this winter when i had some really good rounds in some strong winds. Surprised myself. Dont dislike the wind now. Would rather avoid it but if Im playing in it then its not in my head like it used to be.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Well I’d guess the overwhelming majority of courses were not designed to be played only on calm days (so very much like those who insist on playing from the tips to play the ‘full course’) I’d hope that everyone of those guys would want to play in a decent wind... otherwise you aren’t playing the full course ;)

I don't mind it, although it really kills my already short hitting distance but I guess I lose less in actual yards than a bigger hitter

GeeJay

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I play pretty much every Wednesday morning regardless of the weather, so do play in windy conditions if that's what turns up. Not as enjoyable as playing on a nice sunny warm day, but as already said, I too like to play more than a few games a year.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have done at times, when your game is on it's great fun.

Used to play on a course at the head of a valley so always had the wind up off the Solent to contend with.

My rule is I will play in the wind, play in rain or play in the cold but never when one or more are combined!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Due to be a tad breezy for the roll up tomorrow. I agree with the point that poor weather takes 60% of the field out of the mix. Need to get into that mindset. Hard though especially in rain when you have to stop every hole or so to clear the glasses. Plays havoc with a good rhythm

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Due to be a tad breezy for the roll up tomorrow. I agree with the point that poor weather takes 60% of the field out of the mix. Need to get into that mindset. Hard though especially in rain when you have to stop every hole or so to clear the glasses. Plays havoc with a good rhythm

You should look into daily disposable contact lenses for days you know it will be wet.